JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$600
Manufacturer
Remington
Caliber
30-30 Winchester
City
Seaside
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Serial numbers age it at 1933 I believe. Recently professionally cleaned and gone through at Cannon Beach guns.

IMG_20230319_190717.jpg IMG_20230319_190701.jpg IMG_20230319_190647_0CS.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
I got it gone through a while back I can't quite remember I'm going to bring it in somewhere today and get a professional opinion. I'll edit the post later on and say either way. By the way how are you doing Rick
I think you may be confusing me with someone else.

I do have another question....Is the butt plate original or has it been modified with a recoil pad? It's tough to tell much with your photos.

-E-

I think you may be confusing me with someone else.

I do have another question....Is the butt plate original or has it been modified with a recoil pad? It's tough to tell much with your photos.

-E-
It's definitely the original has a spot on the top where it's contoured into the stock

For those confused (since that's certainly a "94-appearing" action), the Model 64 was introduced by Winchester as an answer to customer preferences. Winchester would build a Model 94 any way the customer wanted it: barrel length, octagon or round, pistol or straight grip, magazine length, choice of sights/buttpad style, etc.,etc., etc.

The configuration of a Model 64 (Pistol grip, round barrel, half magazine, etc) was an extremely popular list of features (on a '94) for customers wanting a true hunting rifle (rather than the "working gun" style of the carbine). The 64's very often came from the factory with upgraded sights (King, etc.) as well. Winchester just bundled up all these preferred goodies and called it a Model 64 as a factory offering.

Winchester employed the identical strategy on the Model 86: The latest (and very popular) version of it was called the "Lightweight Rifle" (86's are HEAVY!) and in appearance looked very much like the 64 shown here. Long round barrel, half magazine, shotgun butt, pistol grip, etc. A popular caliber was the .33 WCF: a .45-70 necked down, smokeless powder and truly a modern "performance cartridge".

In the Model 71, we see all the features of the '86 Lightweight Rifle re-born with an added feature: The .33 WCF is significantly energized to a whole new cartridge, the .348 Winchester. Local boy Francis Sell made the Model 71 a legend for Coast Range elk and deer hunting, and even yet it is tough to beat.

In the Model 64 and the Model 71, Winchester made good effort to re-imagine the "cowboy" '94 and "86's relevant as modern, capable big game guns.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.