JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$600
Manufacturer
Winchester
Caliber
20 Gauge
City
Milwaukie
State
Oregon
Zip Code
This Shotgun, I've been told, is the Cadillac of shotguns and is a perfect hunting gun or even collector's piece hanging on your wall. The gun is Nickel Steel with 2.75 chamber and 28in barrel. Manufactured date is 1926. SN: 440652

The Winchester Model 1912 or more simply Model 12 became an instant hit on its introduction. So smooth and fluid is the action that the Model 12 earned the epithet of 'The perfect repeater'. All Model 12's are built in a take-down configuration, a couple of quick operations separates the gun into two transportable pieces with all parts captive, making for easy cleaning and storage.

IMG-2172.jpg IMG-2174.jpg IMG-2175.jpg IMG-2177.jpg IMG-2178.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
I honestly don't know much about guns. This was inherited from my father after he passed away a couple months ago. I took it to a firearms dealer and the guy told me it was this page, so I took a picture of it.

Does the pic not show model 12s?

The picture of the firearm , shows a Winchester Model 12....a standard model...albeit in a more uncommon gauge.
The blue book page shows some of the more uncommon variants of the Model 12.

Something to consider here :
Blue book values often do not correspond to real world selling prices....
What something is valued at , at one time and in a given area..is not true for all places and times.

Also worth considering is that condition is important to many folks.
Even if the firearm is in a uncommon caliber or gauge , as is this case...if the condition is less than desirable ...
It won't be worth * what a book , or internet guide says it should be.
*as in actually selling it at that price.

To be honest here...
You have a very neat shotgun...in a uncommon gauge.
However...
The overall condition does not reflect the asking price.
Also with the need for the use of steel shot for many hunting areas...
Older shotguns , no matter the condition are often a "tough sell".

And with all that said...
NWFA rules state that you can ask any price you want for your item.....
Andy

Last Edited:
You can also look at Gunbroker's sold items to see what Model 12's have recently fetched in similar condition and the same gauge. Then you can go higher or lower as you see fit. For me though I'd keep that gun if I inherited it from my father. But it is your property so I wish you best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

You guys have all been super helpful, and I greatly appreciate the information! I actually inherited about 12 different guns from my dad, and I don't live in the US anymore, so it just isn't possible for me to hold onto all of them.

Given that all of you seem to know much more about this particular shotgun than I do, what do you think is a fair asking price for it? Thanks again!

Just my opinion but there is a lot of wear on that bubblegumgun I put it between 500-600$ - Just my opinion and experience.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.