JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Pretty much what it says. Serial Number 299XX, Mfg 1956. One 4rd magazine (original.) This rifle is a shooter (and by "shooter" I mean "not-a-safe-queen".) Action is smooth, bore is clean. Stock has one small check in the wood at the fore-end, not cracked through. Tight fit to stock, barrel floats (except where it bolts through.) Scope is a Weaver 3X, Model K3 60-B.

I do have the front sight shroud, but don't use it with the scope.

Asking $700

IMG_0411.JPG IMG_0412.JPG IMG_0413.JPG IMG_0423.JPG IMG_0334.jpg IMG_0335.jpg IMG_0340.jpg

Last Edited:
That's a nice looking lever-gun... almost worth the asking price just for the vintage Weaver scope and mounts. If I were in the market for a nice deer rifle...;) But the wife and the banker says nope nay niver nix nien... shot the wad on this new computer and flat screen... gotta say tho I like the looks of that rig... actually better than my scoped BLR .308...
But we PROMISED. My Precious, we PROMISED... after we got that .30-30, we promised no more lever guns.. But.. but.. it's a pre-'64, my Precious.. a pre-'64 with a 3X Weaver... but we PROMISED... The Precious will be angry and Precious always KNOWS... always finds out.. The Eye always knows always sees..

Last Edited:
Can't believe this is still here, that is a great deal on a classic in nice condition!

Here we go again. I'm listening to the little devil on my shoulder that always gets me to buy guns. This one is almost irresistable. Is pic #3 the ding in the stock?

Here we go again. I'm listening to the little devil on my shoulder that always gets me to buy guns. This one is almost irresistable. Is pic #3 the ding in the stock?
No, pic #3 is just for the SN and barrel/receiver marks.

The check in the stock is in the very tip of the stock. I tried getting a pic but it doesn't focus in very well. I can try again this evening.

Yes, it is still available.

Interesting trades are always interesting.

I already have an EBR, and a brush gun. This was my elk gun / 100yd+ gun.

I wouldn't be interested in smaller than a .308.

I'd swoon over a (correctly) sporterized '03.

OP: could you please post a photo of the top where the rear stock & receiver metal join. Is it a straight butt joint or something else?
It would be right about where your thumb web would rest on the stock.

OP: could you please post a photo of the top where the rear stock & receiver metal join. Is it a straight butt joint or something else?
It would be right about where your thumb web would rest on the stock.
This is a "clover leaf" rifle, early receiver. Wood is not cracked at the rear of the receiver.

@DunRanull , 22".

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.