Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Winchester Defender 1300 value/capabilities?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by schibbyzoltan, Jan 25, 2013.

1. schibbyzoltan

schibbyzoltan Seattle, WA Member

Hey guys, my grandpa bought a Winchester Defender 1300 in the late 80's and died in 91. Being 19, and owning a few other guns, my mom finally was able to give the Defender to me to remember my grandpa by even though I had never met him. My buddy I haven't seen in a while wants to go clay pigeon shooting at my local gun range. To be honest, the gun hasn't been shot in 20+ years, and has been in a sheep skin case ever since his death. It's literally in perfect condition. But it still hasn't been shot, so is it safe to shoot and put rounds through? Also, will it work to go shoot clay pigeon shooting with? It's clearly no skeet gun, but I'd like to think it would work. It has an 18" barrel and it's the wood stock and forearm, not the composite stock and forearm produced in the later years. Also, does anyone know what it'd be worth? I have no plans on selling it at all, but it's just nice to know. I know it's kind of scrambled but any help would be awesome. Thanks guys.

2. Solomon

Solomon Vancouver Active Member

$300-400 from what I've seen. I own one from the early 90's and love it.

3. schibbyzoltan

So it is a good gun? It looks really nice and it feels solid, I'm excited to shoot it.

4. Solomon

Very much so. Very underrated. The 1300's are known for having a buttery smooth action and mine is no exception.

5. schibbyzoltan

Oh man, I'm really excited to shoot it now. Ever shot trap with it? That's what my buddy and I are doing next weekend.

6. Solomon

I haven't, clay pigeons aren't really my thing. It's just my bump in the night long gun.