JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I'm still working on downsizing my gun collection. For sale only. This is a real late production Winchester Model 97 shotgun made in the early 1950's at the New Haven factory. This is a very historic shotgun, as it was the first successful pump action shotgun, considered to be one of John Browning's best guns, and the first shotgun to sell over a million guns. Used widely by US military and Law Enforcement, and it was also popular with bird hunters during the early decades of the 20th century.

This is a commercial model, but the barrel has been shorten to 20 inches, so it would be ideal for use in Cowboy Action shooting. It is also a take down model, so the shotgun can be very easily broken down for transport. The shotgun belonged to my father, and he did not use it much at all. He bought a Browning Auto 5 shotgun just a couple of years later, and pretty much stuck to shooting it from then on.

There is absolutely no rust of any kind on this gun. The bluing is worn off on the pump action itself from normal usage, but is in good shape everywhere else. The gun functions perfectly. You could spend years looking at used Winchester 97 shotguns available for sale, and not find one in as good of condition as this gun is. I've yet to see one at a gun store or at a gun show here in Oregon that looked as good. Most are usually in rather crappy condition. This gun's action is still super slick.

Would like to find a new owner that would appreciate this shotgun. It would really be a great gun for anyone that is into Cowboy Action Shooting.

Asking price is $600. Prefer FTF cash sale here in Springfield. Absolutely no trade offers of any kind whatsoever will be considered.

DSC_0682a.jpg DSC_0683a.jpg DSC_0685a.jpg DSC_0679a.jpg DSC_0680a.jpg

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.