JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Sold to Emblem - great buyer!

This is a Fair condition and in working order Winchester 1897 12ga "c" with a serial number in the 63XXX series (which I believe means very early manufacture date). Looking for around $400 (unless I'm way off the mark one way or the other :s0112:). FTF in Oregon. Thanks.

Yeah, the hammer would be really hard or impossible to see from that angle. Easy mistake to make. My Dad has one but it's not that nice.

Appears to be a solid frame '97, made in 1898. I would say that
qualifies as "early":)

Surprised that some cowboy action shooter hasn't snapped it up yet!

Yes, from the serial number I believe it was made in the first two years of production. It does have the hammer, just bad picture angle as others have mentioned. Thanks everyone for your comments / interest. Please pass along to anyone who may be interested, especially those cowboy shooters!

Yes, from the serial number I believe it was made in the first two years of production. It does have the hammer, just bad picture angle as others have mentioned. Thanks everyone for your comments / interest. Please pass along to anyone who may be interested, especially those cowboy shooters!

According to this link your Winchester was mad in the second year Manufacture Dates

If and I do say "if" this firearm was mfg before 1899 it might be exempt from the Federal codes:

Title 18, U.S. Code, Section 921(a)(16) defines antique firearms as all guns made prior to 1899 as well as all muzzleloaders made anytime, and replicas of pre-1899 cartridge firing guns made anytime, provided that such replica uses cartridges "not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade."

I am in no way stating this guns age or the legality, only that if after doing your research this qualifies it could be sold across state lines with no laws being broken.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.