JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a friend that is in need of an original stock for a Model88 Winchester lever gun.

He purchased the gun in pristine condition, and the stock was broken in transit under the care of FedEX. The stock is broken completely in two at the wrist.

It is a pre-64 model, and he really doesn't want to put a re-pro on it.

If anyone knows of one available I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Couple on GunBroker. Better sit down, $325.00 and 525.00. Hope FedEx is paying for damages.
He hopes they will. He can't initiate it though, the shipper (Cabelas) has to. This is for an otherwise pristine pre-64, and takes the "cloverleaf" type, so I am sure SOMEBODY will step up!!

He is in Alaska, and says his FFL has seen this MANY times with FedEX and guns.

Thanks for the replies guys.
Keep them coming!
Especially if you know someone with an original.

Please explain "cloverleaf type". Are you talking about an oak leaf design embossed on the stock?
The difference is the shape of the relief in the tang area.
here is a pic:
88%20OldNew0.jpg
The older style is the cloverleaf type, and is the one on top in the photo.

Thanks for the help guys.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top