JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am chomping at the bit with about a month away for all depth halibut to begin . Who else here loves to go for the tasty flatfish ? What is your favorite rod and real and what bait is your go to ? I understand we all have our secret spots and bait sauce and do not expect you to give out that top secret info lol

This is my second year in my new boat so I now know how it handles in the ocean from near shore salmon fishing & bottom fishing so if the weather permits me and the wife will be out there.
Have not fished for them off the Oregon coast since I was a kid.
For rod I am using some old broom stick with rollers on the tips that I used when I lived in Alaska.

This is my second year in my new boat so I now know how it handles in the ocean from near shore salmon fishing & bottom fishing so if the weather permits me and the wife will be out there.
Have not fished for them off the Oregon coast since I was a kid.
For rod I am using some old broom stick with rollers on the tips that I used when I lived in Alaska.

How big of a boat and what kind did you get ?

Makes my rotator cuff hurt just thinking about it.
I have been using either my Avet Hx 2 speed or my new favorite the Shimano Tekota 700 or 800 and is not a problem sure you feel the burn but you have to pay the price I mean that halibut is going to pay the ultimate price and a little pain is worth the $26+ dollar a pound :)

Last Edited:
Same here, I got a workout up in Alaska last year fishing in 4-500'....:s0129::s0129::s0129:
Yeah I had plenty of naps during those 6 days of fishing. I fared well all in all.:D
Nice to hear you enjoying the great outdoors and getting some fish who could ask for more ! The naps are a requirement and to be woken up by the clicker going off and the bent rod sweeeeeeeeeeeet !!!!

I am chomping at the bit with about a month away for all depth halibut to begin . Who else here loves to go for the tasty flatfish ? What is your favorite rod and real and what bait is your go to ? I understand we all have our secret spots and bait sauce and do not expect you to give out that top secret info lol

I don't have an ocean boat but i do have an 18' Jetcraft windshield boat for inshore trips. I like to trade trips when I chase the Springers then switch over to Kokanee in the summer then Coho in Sept & October.

I have this Halibut fighting combo.
It's a Lamiglas 5'-6" rod with a Tekota 800 loaded with 100# braid....
I'm ready to fish.;)

Resized952017052295160316.jpg 20170622_143924.jpg
20170622_181926.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR