JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
looking to buy another 1911,really like a sig sauer and the springfield line.looking to go middle of the road 1911,$900 to$1200 looking for feed back!just want a good reliable well made 1911.love to hear from all.. thanks:s0155:

I'm a diehard Colt guy, but I have had Sig and Springfield Armory 1911s and they were great guns. You get a lot from Sig and Springfield Armory for the price. Colt has come a long way since I bought my first 1911 and the XSE models are around $1000. I have heard good things about Remington as well. Good luck. Most of the manufacturers these days make quality products.

Before I had my budget cut I had planned on an STI Trojan.

I don't have one but did get a chance to fondle a Remington R1 enhanced. Really nice trigger and it seems to be getting good reviews.

And this what I ended up with. Well its on lay-away and once my tax return comes in it will be mine! If your thinking about Remington is offering $75 dollars or a free Storm Lake Barrel with the purchase of a Remington R1 1911. You can choose between threaded, ported or match grade.

I've got two Browns and three Colts, but today after the wife and I renewed our NRA memberships at the Springfield Cabela's, I took a look at a commander sized Ruger 1911. I was impressed. Especially for around the $800 price point. I may have to see how one shoots in the near future.

I'm a Colt guy and got a great deal on my Talo, I traded a Sig 226 Elite for it (I replaced all MIM parts with a C&S tactical 2 setup)
Most Carried (Colt CCO Talo edition):

The Gold Cup was picked up new for $999 (I replaced all MIM parts with a C&S tactical 2 setup)
Most Fired (Colt Gold Cup Trophy):

A nice Colt can be had in your price range.

The following was $1539 and the original owner never shot it. The piece was bought as an investment and he came on hard times.
Most Accurate but not by much (Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special):

DSCF1954_zps640870e0.jpg DSCF2004_zps4ef55187.jpg LesBaer_zps3b2872c0.jpg

looking to buy another 1911,really like a sig sauer and the springfield line.looking to go middle of the road 1911,$900 to$1200 looking for feed back!just want a good reliable well made 1911.love to hear from all.. thanks:s0155:

Just a hair outside your price range, but I'm currently eye balling <broken link removed> . All reviews and accounts I've seen on it say that it's amazing, and you're getting a $2,500 gun for $1,300.

I've got two Browns and three Colts, but today after the wife and I renewed our NRA memberships at the Springfield Cabela's, I took a look at a commander sized Ruger 1911. I was impressed. Especially for around the $800 price point. I may have to see how one shoots in the near future.

Bought the first Ruger SR1911 I saw. Paid $659 out the door at Sportmans. (I think it was Wholesale Outdoors at the time) Very good gun. I believe you'll spend a bunch more money to buy anything significantly better.

Just about all 1911's have upgradable internals so you can turn a mediocre 1911 into a real nice, reliable shooter for a couple hundred in parts IF you start out with a match grade barrel and bushing. The 2 pieces cost more than replacing every MIM part in the gun. Springfield, Colt, MIMber all make affordable pieces and some come with these 2 components. The other parts aint that much.
Start with good bones and upgrade the rest as you can afford. IMHO:s0155:

Personally I like Kimbers as I have two, but I've never shot or owned any of the other brands out there.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top