JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking to get away for maybe a week, somewhere out in East Or. where I can park my truck w/camper and maybe do some metal detecting, plinking, nugget hunting. Just a quiet place I can stretch out on some public land.
I've driven alot in Eastern Or. and alot of it looks perfect especially out by Burns but I don't want to intrude on Indian lands or private property.
Any help I would really appreciate.

I'm looking to get away for maybe a week, somewhere out in East Or. where I can park my truck w/camper and maybe do some metal detecting, plinking, nugget hunting. Just a quiet place I can stretch out on some public land.
I've driven alot in Eastern Or. and alot of it looks perfect especially out by Burns but I don't want to intrude on Indian lands or private property.

Go on line to Oregon Access (i don't remember the link) and look up BLM land. I believe you can do all and more on these lands.

Look up the "lost forest", "fort rock", "glass butte"-which is closer to burns, Any where near Christmas Valley-Miles of BLM owned land

Last Edited:
I was going to say Christmas Valley / Fort Rock area too. Lots of people camp out at the Sand Dunes, Christmas Valley Lake (dry lake bed unless it is raining then the alkali turns to goo and it is very slick). There is Derrick's Cave, crack in the ground, Drew's Reservoir, Lost Forest, all the stars in the sky and lots of other simple sights to enjoy.
Mike

I was going to say Christmas Valley / Fort Rock area too. Lots of people camp out at the Sand Dunes, Christmas Valley Lake (dry lake bed unless it is raining then the alkali turns to goo and it is very slick). There is Derrick's Cave, crack in the ground, Drew's Reservoir, Lost Forest, all the stars in the sky and lots of other simple sights to enjoy.
Mike

Look for the road that leads to "crack in the ground" lots of camping there.

wholesale jersey
super bowl jersey
<broken link removed>

theres tons of places to camp in christmas valley crack in the ground rd is a couple miles out of town towards hwy 395.there are plenty of wildlife to see out there deer,elk and if your lucky a big horn sheep.follow the road out to green moutain lookout there is a camp ground there and a awsome view from the top.rember always take out more then you came in with there are some real bubblegums out there polluting our lands and ruining the beauty for all of us.have a great time be safe and take a kid hunting

There are ridiculous amounts of places to camp around Christmas Valley and lots of things to see and explore. The Devil's Garden, Derrick Cave, Fort Rock, ETC. The Lost Forest is a funky place, talk about feeling isolated. I've ran into more people in the Steens Mountains than this place.

But, what I have really want to check out some day is the decommissioned Air Force station out there... Google Maps

Wherever you find to camp please be respectful of your surroundings and keep it clean. I live in this area and camp close to many of the places already mentioned by others and most of us who live in the High Desert do whatever we can to keep it clean and safe to keep our areas open. Be especially careful around the Christmas Valley area as some of the locals can be a little sensitive to 'outsiders'.

If you really want to get off the beaten path, then consider Succor Creek. There's a park there (very primitive) with the creek. Look around and you can find lots of land to hunt thunder eggs, agates, fire opals, etc. If you want something else, you could also go to the road between Jordan Valley and Silver City, Idaho.

Lots of space to get lost in.

Sodbuster

Wherever you find to camp please be respectful of your surroundings and keep it clean. I live in this area and camp close to many of the places already mentioned by others and most of us who live in the High Desert do whatever we can to keep it clean and safe to keep our areas open. Be especially careful around the Christmas Valley area as some of the locals can be a little sensitive to 'outsiders'.

Never fails, someone always has to assume that everyone else is bad in some way and needs to chime in with motherly advice.

me and the wifey went camping up glass butte last friday. got a little cold at night , but the full moon was awesome. kinda weird there were several other people up there camping, I just figured on a friday we would have the place to ourselves.

Have you been in the woods shooting? People leave areas a S***Hole. My son's a Boy Scout and he said it disgusts him. If I catch someone doing this I will have words with them and tell them I'm turning them in.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top