JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A Kimber CDP compact .45 ACP has the easy to conceal grip of the Ultra (officer model size) and the slide with longer sight radius and 4 in barrel of the Pro (Commander length.) The hardest part to conceal is the grip not the slide so this gives you the best of both worlds.

Lots of response for the Kimber CDP. IMO a great option although I haven't shot one. I've heard from some that the alloy frame might contribute to more recoil, so I decided.
I've always been fond of stainless guns and yes, because of my size I didn't feel comfortable with the full size, so my choice went to a 3".
I found a great deal from Diesel (hope you don't mind me using your call name), one of our newer members. I picked up a Para Carry,stainless frame and slide, went out today and put 100 rounds down the range and boy howdy only one word can describe it. Wicked! Even though I'm not a great shot I was hitting zeros at 20 feet. The recoil wasn't much more than my XD45 but I thought it was a lot more accurate.
Carrying it in a Galco belt holster, the additional weight doesn't bother me.
So, back to the safe G19.:)

I've carried (IWB) the full size a lot and the Commander quite a bit too but I prefer the full size because I don't notice the difference in comfort between the two enough to make a difference. Therefore, I feel I might as well benefit from the longer sight plane & higher velocity. Just my :s0159: In fact, I'm building one right now. A full size 10mm Gov with bobtail! :s0155:

My problem with carrying a larger weapon is printing. I carry a Kel-Tec .380 in a Crossbreed Supertuck, It pretty much dissapears, and it's comfortable. Are you guys wearing vests or suit jackets over your guns? Are any of you tucking a regular shirt over any of the IWB tuckables with a 1911? I have a Colt Officer's that might work if it does work.

My problem with carrying a larger weapon is printing. I carry a Kel-Tec .380 in a Crossbreed Supertuck, It pretty much dissapears, and it's comfortable. Are you guys wearing vests or suit jackets over your guns? Are any of you tucking a regular shirt over any of the IWB tuckables with a 1911? I have a Colt Officer's that might work if it does work.

----
Well your right about a 1911 being a little difficult to carry in summer garb and get it to dissapear. That's just not gonna happen. But for Fall, Winter and Spring the 1911 has always worked well for me with as little as a Pendleton style shirt. They work best for me IWB canted butt forward to the point that you can draw an imaginary line from the area where the lanyard loops were on the oldies down through to the front sight and that line would be close to or exactly plumb. Strong side, just forward of the rear pocket & I don't appear to be strapped except to the trained eye.(It's also a bit of a comfort knowing that the muzzle end is pointing toward the rear and not straight down my leg toward my foot) The weight can be an issue for some but for me it is only a constant reminder that it is there at the ready. I cannot say the same during warm weather months when I carry a snubby in a pocket holster and do stupid stuff like getting to the top of the steps of a federal building before remembering it's there!:s0001::s0001:

Most days I wear my shirt un-tucked... which I never used to do before carrying concealed! But on Sundays I wear my shirt tucked in with my 1911 under the shirt and most the time I am wearing a jacket, but even without the jacket the 1911 really doesn't print with a good holster. Only the very astute have notice me carrying because I don't have the tuckable clips for my VMII yet, I am still using the belt loops (those that have noticed also carry and they noticed the loops)

I just bought an RIA that is turning out to be reliable. It has the GI thumbnail front and non adjustable rear sights but that may be more of a plus than not, and it didn't cost me a fortune so I could carry it in a kydex holster that may not be too kind to the finish.