JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Personally, I would shoot the non corrosive PPU ammo first.
Then, if you find that you like shooting the rifle, then blast away with the older stuff and clean it thoroughly with Windex afterwards.

I agree with the <broken link removed>. from what i Have read Turkish is a little harder on your barrel because its hotter . I remember shooting commercial ammo and thinking wow this barely kicks would make a nice girl gun then loaded some turk in and BA BOOM! big difference . Will say this the turk is more fun to shoot

Thanks all. I'm no stranger to Turk surplus. That stuff can do nearly 3000 fps and I've shot quite a bit of it out of other Mausers. This particular Mauser seems like brand new so I thought I'd get some input from others for fun. I've decided I'll run a box of Privi down it first and then go from there.

Jim

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to resurrect it.

The days of the $29.95 milsurp are long gone, why are we even considering running corrosive ammo through a valuable rifle?

If you want cheap ammo, reload your own.

The days of the $29.95 milsurp are long gone, why are we even considering running corrosive ammo through a valuable rifle?

Thanks @kilimanjaro I had a buttload of surplus ammo and modern 8mm as well. Eventually I shot a total of 30 rounds mixed of Turk,Yugo,and Privi then cleaned her and put her away. Bore was virgin tight and I figured I'd leave it that way. Thanks for the response though.

I like running ammo that the rifle was designed to shoot. Proper cleaning and maintenance is just a part of the overall package.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top