JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You may not have ever considered this but have you ever found one particular style of gun more relaxing to shoot over another? If so you might want to factor that in. An example would be I do not find it at all relaxing to stick hi cap mags in a semi - auto and just blaze away - but it is relaxing to to take my lever guns out and see how far I can hit something with open sights. I find shooting my black powder guns very relaxing. Very relaxing to shoot an accurate S & W .38 revolver. Maybe something to think about before you make a decision.

I'm turning 40 later this month and got the "go ahead" to buy a new rifle. Budget must stay under $2K for everything. (rifle, scope, ammo, accessories, etc) My first thought is to go with a Bushmaster AR-15 E2S A3 M4 Type Patrolman's Carbine. I have been drooling over this for almost a year now. Then I started thinking that maybe I should look around before I pull the trigger on the AR-15 and see what else I might enjoy.

I welcome all suggestions. I will primarily be shooting at the range and various wilderness type shooting areas. Will likely never use it for hunting, but I guess it could happen as my 11 year old gets into his teens. Thanks!

Ty

thats EAZY............ :)

colt SP-1 :)

you'll never regret it. :)

ok, ok, ok, .... i'll have to admitt.... re-reading the posts... M1Garand, :)

wold be really nice...

you'll get your ''man card''

lol !!!

just remember not to shoot high pressure factory ammo in the old girl, you'll bend the operating rod.

i love my garand. nothing like eight rounds......''PING'' :)
TRY TO GET BOTH !!! :)

M1GARAND AND A SP-1 !!! :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews