JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had these floating around for ages and have no idea what they fit.
I don't even have any kind of square butt revolver to try them on.
Anybody got a clue?

I'm gonna sell them, but need to identify them first!

revolver grips1.jpg Revolver grips 2.jpg

Those have some unusual cuts inside, looking for pics of a frame that matches. I am thinking Smith and Wesson, The pin cutout has me a bit puzzled, though. Maybe a J frame? The revolver with grips below is a K frame.

maxresdefault.jpg Smith&Wesson-frame-sizes.jpg

Last Edited:
I'm not sure but.....

Since there is no scale in the photo, I would say S&W K frame (or maybe N frame) since the hole near the bottom is centered to accept the grip pin on the frame. On Colts, the grip pins on their frames were offset toward the grip's front. Same is true of many of the Rugers.

Looking at the router work on the inside, I believe they are Jay Scotts, since did theirs that way, with the extra stock removal adjacent to where your little finger would rest. Also, the general shape of the checkering is characteristic of Jay Scotts.

You probably know someone with K frame, square butt, as they are common enough.

@Lesliet , thank you for the pictures and measurement. Here's a pic compared to two different J-frame round butt grips with all lined up at the base of the grip frame.
more grips.jpg
The measurement provided could show these to be an N-Frame, but looking at the pics in post #2, the Smith square butt always has a little "flare" at the bottom. These wood grips don't allow for that, but yet aren't curved in enough to be around butt.

@orygun , I see what you mean, the square butt Smiths do have a bit sharper than a 90 degree angle from the back of the frame to the bottom of the grip. Check out a Taurus 80, their large frame revolvers look to have the same round cut at the top of the grip. Those sure do look close to a "K" frame, though, looking at your top pic.

Last Edited:
@orygun , I see what you mean, the square butt Smiths do have a bit sharper than a 90 degree angle from the back of the frame to the bottom of the grip. Check out a Taurus 80, their large frame revolvers look to have the same round cut at the top of the grip.
I've had these long enough I don't think Taurus had making large frame revolvers!

They may have come along with a Trooper III I had...
I'll do some looking in that direction, too.

I think I've figured it out! After looking around based on @Lesliet 's insight I found a set of grips with writing on them and that got me to looking closer. There are two faint lines that should match the frame of a round butt revolver. I'll bet this is a "square butt" conversion for an N-Frame round butt S&W.
round to square.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top