JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
If they are not actual 6920 uppers which the later descriptions suggest then its not as good of a deal as originally thought to be unless its what you want. Getting a Colt A2 carbine upper is still a nice upper to have but if you are buying one of these do not buy any with extra holes drilled in the handguards if they have some undrilled unless you plan on drilling then them please buy one those sets and save the good ones for someone else . Colt 6 hole skinny handguards made of the hard plastic fiberglass like material are valuable,

Half circle carriers are not as valuable as the sp1 or m16 style carriers however lightweight and function fine.

Also if it matters to you, I would also double-check for a chrome bore. the 20" colt 1/9 did not have chrome bores just the chambers.

Also, make sure it has the C marking on the receiver. Colt got lazy on some A2s. Even getting lazy now on Flat top receivers and not C marking Although its a colt it's hard to resale without the C marks.

Colt A2 receivers tend to sell for more than the Flat top receivers due to the popularity of 727 builds. Plus the trend of going back to basics. I got sucked into all the fancy gizmos and optics to only find out in the end just how trusty, always ready to go and accurate the Ar15's open sights are.

Last Edited:

20200417_124427.jpg

20200417_124433.jpg

20200417_124447.jpg

Last Edited:
The bad photos are of the display upper, I only looked at a couple of the uppers still in the boxes. One was less scratched up but it had a short section of picatinny rail attached (via drilled holes) in the handguard. Josh from ORW said they all had half moon carriers, heavy barrel and A2 receiver. It did not appear they have sold very many of them so I would guess they would budge a little on the price. If I go back for a third look I will bring a bore light and see if I can determine whether the bore is chrome lined or not. I pulled handguards off the display model and did not see a date code on the barrel. The cut carrier was a bummer and if they do not have chrome lined bore that would cause my interest to dive quickly.

Last Edited:
It's a shame they have drilled handguards. If anyone goes back try and share a photo of the BCG the coloration on them is a good way to tell if they have high rounds on them.

A group buy discount price of $333 is still a great deal though regardless.

And to note Colt A2 upper receivers that are small front takedown and black are really hard to find even though Colt made a lot of them I just don't think they ever offered many of them as upper receivers only like they did with the flat top receivers.

Last Edited:
The bad photos are of the display upper, I only looked at a couple of the uppers still in the boxes. One was less scratched up but it had a short section of picatinny rail attached (via drilled holes) in the handguard. Josh from ORW said they all had half moon carriers, heavy barrel and A2 receiver. It did not appear they have sold very many of them so I would guess they would budge a little on the price. If I go back for a third look I will bring a bore light and see if I can determine whether the bore is chrome lined or not. I pulled handguards off the display model and did not see a date code on the barrel. The cut carrier was a bummer and if they do not have chrome lined bore that would cause my interest to dive quickly.

Thank you for sharing photos! Much appreciated

Sweet, approx how many were left on the pallet? Did you pick through many boxes to find the one you bought?
Yes there were a lot left (50?), I picked through about half. Most on the side closest to the door had GGG rails drilled into the handguards.
Some really nice ones in the stack - but of the two in the best condition, the bcgs were in bad shape. One fell out into my hand as I picked it up, the other bcg was really beat up. For anyone reading, make sure you look through them well.

Yes there were a lot left (50?), I picked through about half. Most on the side closest to the door had GGG rails drilled into the handguards.
Some really nice ones in the stack - but of the two in the best condition, the bcgs were in bad shape. One fell out into my hand as I picked it up, the other bcg was really beat up. For anyone reading, make sure you look through them well.
That was nice they let you look through that many. Congrats, let us know how it shoots when you take it out.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top