JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I have a Weatherby mk5 ultralightweight accu-mark in .280rem. I would like to swap out the bottom metal for a removable magazine friendly unit. I have been looking for the last couple years with no luck. Does anyone out there know where I might find such a rare item. I would appreciate any info as other sites have come up dry. Thanks very much guys. This site has proven a wealth of useful info. I wish I either lived closer to the area most users live or Puget sound is the home to most users. Have a great weekend guys. I'll post up a couple photos of my "favorite hunting rifle", ultra lightweight mk5 tomorrow.

You may be SOL with a 6-lug MkV action. The Vanguards have DBM kits that you can get from Weatherby. But, think of it this way:

You have one of the best lightweight sporters chambered in 280. You're not gonna send a bunch of ammo downrange with it before that light fluted barrel gets hot and your shots start to wander. No need for quick mag changes, and you won't have to worry about losing/forgetting it either.

847CB6B7-ECA4-4934-879B-0E275572365B.jpeg B4D29C3B-B5AB-4DBB-97EB-362EB605D40F.jpeg 510D42D6-E686-4077-B659-74CE3F6972C5.jpeg F612202E-879D-49F0-9F65-D988495EDFCD.jpeg 0D66C34F-1DF6-46C8-9C3B-F6F4CFBE7352.jpeg 292D85FF-48FC-4A91-BD0E-AADA72D9D125.jpeg

Please don't make fun of my jammies. I don't wear them to work. . I have today and every day till may 4th off thanks to gov. Gay Insidesme. .

I would like to run a AI reamer through it. I have read about 7mm mag performance using less powder and less recoil. The one elk I took with it was 1 shot and dead on the spot almost instantly with 140gr Barnes solids federal factory loads. Can't ask for better performance. Rifle makes a great walking stick also.

So, I talked with my g smith this morning and he does not know of a source for bottom metal either. No Regerts makes a great point but Im not Looking to get more Rounds down range quicker but rather working with stupid Wa. sate laws about loaded firearms. inside a vehicle while hunting. In Montana I've been laughed at for having my rifle unloaded out of habit from living here. it is totally ok by state law to keep your rifle loaded and chambered and ready to rock and roll. just cant shoot from the vehicle. Here you cant even have the bolt open with the mag instaled. Im not trying to kink anything but it would be a lot quicker to have mag in pocket and rifle in hand while driving/spotting. If it were a lucky morning and a legal critter was moving down the side of the road, it would be way better odds to stop truck and step out and load gun very quickly and follow critter off road. I'm not a very fast mover so every second counts. It has worked really well for me in Montana. Never tried here due to the law. Back in 1993 it was my very first hunt in Wa. up on the peninsula near Forks. Dayligh just broke and I was deep in the woods in my truck. i wasnt aware of the law then. So when I left the hotel I threw my rifle in the truck and as I left home with it loaded it still was. Well a game warden stopped me for a quick insp. and first thig he said was please open the bolt. not sure of hi motive I complied. I would have not matter what anyway. Well there were 4 round in the mag but nothing in the chamber. He made me step out and he took my rifle and emptied the shells into a container. He then put my gun back in the truck and stood between me and my truck as he wrote me a ticket. I dont remember how much but after I took it to court i got it dropped to $100 plus court fees. It was the only ticket to date that I have ever recieved for gun/hunting violations. Stupid me should have read the regulations alot more thoroughly. I am not and was not upset at the officer. he busted a dumb bubblegum kid for not learning the rules. now I follow any and all rules and laws in the regs. I'm just trying to get a jump on things and be a little over prepared. I got my gun back at the time of the citation but he kept the ammo as evidence. the only thing that pissed me off is in court, three cases in front of mine was a 4th time shoplifter, busted stealing alcohol from a convenience store. I repeat, 4TH TIME!!! the judge politely asked the dirtbag to attend a class to rehabilitate at the states expense and dont do it again and all will be forgiven. What a bubblegum show. First time i had ever been to court for anything and no mercy what so ever. I will see to it that situation never happens again. Any how my smith tells me to contack a co. like seekins or CDI and ask if they can accept a custom order. Thanks fo reading my long winded bithc-fest:D . have a great night guys.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top