JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys and gals. Mrs. Teflon and I are getting mighty fed up with more and more spider bites at home over the past few years. And we don't like seeing carpenter ants marching around the neighborhood looking for houses to infest/destroy.

Can anyone here recommend a reputable pest control company that does a good job and doesn't cost an arm and a leg? I'm stunned at some of the prices I've heard this year - both for one-time treatment and for ongoing contracts.

It's not that I'm afraid to pay for a thorough job. Quality costs money... but damn. Appreciate hearing about anyone who does a good job and doesn't leave my wallet shaking and sobbing. (Also thanks for companies to avoid.)

I had an ant problem for multiple years. Ant bait wouldn't get 'em, and neither could the exterminators.

So...I pointed my leaf blower into the foundation vent, and shot bug spray into the intake of the blower while it was running. The forced air throughout the crawlspace carrying the bug spray ended my ant problem.

If you are a DIYer, buy some Taurus SC or equivalent with Fipronil, mix it in a sprayer and spray the foundation of your house, cracks in the driveway and anywhere else ants may be. Not sure if it works for spiders, but we have been ant-free for three years. Just re-sprayed this spring in case it needs it. Fipronil is the stuff on flea collars so it is pet-safe and kid-safe once it dries. Available online, $50/20 oz.bottle, enough to make 25 gallons.

If you are a DIYer, buy some Taurus SC or equivalent with Fipronil, mix it in a sprayer and spray the foundation of your house, cracks in the driveway and anywhere else ants may be. Not sure if it works for spiders, but we have been ant-free for three years. Just re-sprayed this spring in case it needs it. Fipronil is the stuff on flea collars so it is pet-safe and kid-safe once it dries. Available online, $50/20 oz.bottle, enough to make 25 gallons.

I used some variations on this with Diazion and Sevin. I also had pyrethrin aersols we used in the greenhouses for white flys and other insects. Pop a couple of those open and toss them under the house, yell grenade !! (jk it is kind of fun though)and close it back up. Does a great job on that kind of stuff. If you try to get carpenter ants, use the heavy duty stuff hey are hard to kill.

+1! Taurus SC or Termidor SC are FANTASTIC stuff. But the way this works is by spraying the circumference of your house. As long as the bugs are outside and cross over the barrier, it will get them. But if the ants and such are somewhere inside the walls or under the house already and don't cross the barrier, then it won't work...and you need a bait...something the little bastards eat.

And more specifically, you need TWO baits. Because ants will either go for protein or they'll go for sweets. And it's anyone's guess what your particular ants are hungry for. And they can switch...because ants are A-Holes like that. So you need one protein based bait and one sweet based bait.

You can checkout this site for products and info...

You may want to see what they have to say about spiders. I've never had a spider problem. But the Taurus/Termidor is seriously good stuff. I'm pretty sure it will solve your spider problem too as long as they're crossing the barrier.

Do also check the interwebz for cheaper prices.

Good luck!

Death to ants!

WOLVERINES!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads