JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have several 9 mm pistols with rail ready for red dot or lights, but thinking of a 40 or 10 mm, that could accept a drop in 40 barrel; likely used for wilderness hiking or wilderness camping. I have a 44 Ruger Super Blackhawk but it can be trying for my aging eyes. Any ideas? I have a Springfield 40 subcompact that will accept a red dot or light but thinking of a much longer site radius and maybe a 10 mm. Thanks.

Try going to kkmprecision and look at their 40 or 10 mm option bbls for what pistols they make barrels for....they make a very tight chamber and precise barrel.
Choose your fav pistol from their barrel selections.

Edit: you can get an added length to most offerings they make I believe.

The front and rear sights become a blur. Detailed shooting at 25 yards trying to focus on the front, and rear and target is a problem blur. Thinking a MOS single dot will improve my shooting.

The front and rear sights become a blur. Detailed shooting at 25 yards trying to focus on the front, and rear and target is a problem blur. Thinking a MOS single dot will improve my shooting.

Since about the last 8 yrs or so I have had the same issue, fuzzy sight picture. I have gone to a laser for self defense guns [short range] and red dot sights for target or longer range pistol shooting.

Scopes have always been used for my rifles.

I tried different red dot sights demo style in a store by simply turning them on, holding them up and sighting them via aiming around the store holding them in my hand. The one that worked best was the Burris Fastfire III. My eyes transpose the red dot into different shapes depending on each sight. The fastfire III stays closest to a tiny round dot, so fastfire III it is for me. It transported me back and allows me to shoot groups like I was 30 yrs old when my eyes where much better.

As for a laser sight on a pistol, once you get used to it, it rocks for close range situations. The really cool thing about a laser, it works day or night. Tritium inserts for your sights? No I'll take a laser any day now that I am used to it.

I like CT lasers the best due to the way they mount and are actuated.

This is what works for me at age 60. ;)

The human eye can focus on only one thing at a time, that should be the target/threat, the front site should bold and bright to be picked up peripherally and superimposed on the target/threat. The human eye also naturally picks up square edges and rolls off round edges, I have noticed a major preference toward U shaped rear sights such as Trijicon HD's, Wilson Combat Battle Sights and 10-8 Performance. Bottom line, blur of sights is normal regardless of sight, including red dots.

The human eye can focus on only one thing at a time, that should be the target/threat, the front site should bold and bright to be picked up peripherally and superimposed on the target/threat. The human eye also naturally picks up square edges and rolls off round edges, I have noticed a major preference toward U shaped rear sights such as Trijicon HD's, Wilson Combat Battle Sights and 10-8 Performance. Bottom line, blur of sights is normal regardless of sight, including red dots.
Agreed! Same here! I've pretty much have 20/20 and still get blur in sights.

Use your front sight like a dot optic...eye, dot, target...same concept.

Your sights will not move off your target unless one of 2 things occur. Either you make the conscious decision to move them, or there's some kind of pre-ignition movement...aka flinch etc.

Work with the brain. If there's a catastrophic event that unfolds in front of you, your eyes will go to that. Then superimpose the front sight in alignment with the eye and press the shot.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top