Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Wanted: Your SIG (probably)

Discussion in 'Handguns Wanted' started by dehughes, Feb 2, 2014.

1. dehughes

dehughes Portland, OR Active Member

Hey all,

I'm a huge fan of SIG (and yes, the Sauer part as well), so I'm soliciting the sale of yours, to me. Here's what I already have:

Sig P229 in .40
    Sig P239 in .40
    Sig SP2022 in 9mm

Soooo, I'm up for new Sig-speriences, like maybe a:

- P220
    - P227
    - P232
    - P239 in 9mm
    - P229 in 9mm
    - P226 in 9mm

Heck, maybe I'd even go for your Smith and Wesson 4506-1, even though I'm not a fan of slide mounted safety/de-cockers.

But yes, Sigs are great, and I have cash in hand for something new. Oh, and I like to have all three fingers on the grip, so no mini-Sigs...already sold my P290RS because it was too short for my mitts.

Thanks!

David (in Portland, OR) 503.961.5960

2. JOHNNY-WALKER

JOHNNY-WALKER Portland, OR Active Member

I have a sigpro 2340 .40 cal and a sig p229 .40 cal i am selling. Pm me if interested.

3. dehughes

Thanks to all for their (admittedly wonderful) offers thusfar. However, after pondering things for a bit, here's what I'm settling on/towards....

1) I want a M11-A1 Sig. That'd be ideal.
    2) A P228 would be a good second choice, though.
    3) I'd likely buy your P229 in 9mm, also.
    4) A P226 isn't what I'm looking for, but I'm open to trying out out should it come my way.

Also, I'm leaning away from Cera-koted etc.. guns, as I like them the way God...er....um...Sig made them. (Sorry...I forgot for a moment God was John Moses Browning....but don't hate, I have a 1911 too). And, I'm finding I prefer firearms in their designed caliber (r.e., a P220 came from a 9mm 226 frame, a Glock 22 was a modified Glock 17...etc...). But hey, I'd buy a P220 if it felt right. Who knows? Also, I'm not a fan of the two-tone gun either. Sorry. I know that breaks some hearts, but I like 'em all dark and nitron coated. :)

Thanks!

4. redhippie

redhippie People's republic of PDX Active Member

Signess is a contagious affliction.

I had a 220 and found it ok. Love my 225 and 230. 229 and 239 are my ccws.

I recently got a .22 conversion for my 226 and don't see much use for my mosquito. Pm if interested. Might be interested in a trade for a 2022 or cash.

Cheers

5. dehughes

Signess...yes indeed! :)

Thanks for the Mosquito offer...I'll look into that and see what the consensus is on that gun, but so far I'm pretty happy with my Browning Buckmark.

6. redhippie

redhippie People's republic of PDX Active Member

Decided to put my 556 classic swat .223 up for sale. Looks like you need a rife.

7. dehughes

Oh dear....I was just telling my friend that I'd like to get a Sig rifle.....I'll have to look for your ad....

And yes, I'm still on the hunt for a good Sig. A P239 in 9mm would be cool, as might a P232 in Nitron finish, or maybe a P226 in 9mm. OR, maybe even a full size traditional Sig 1911.

8. ejmpnu92

ejmpnu92 Hillsboro, Or Active Member

I have a 220 in 9mm with a lot of extra mags, American mag release, not European

9. FourTeeFive

FourTeeFive PNW Washington State Active Member

If you see a nice P225 at a reasonable price, you should get it. One of the best single-stack 9mm handguns made.

10. John Gault

John Gault clackamas county Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I have a Sig P229 .40, original owner, All steel model. Almost sold it once cause it's a heavy rock to pack but that gun will eat anything thrown at it without a hiccup so I've decided it'll stay with me until I'm gone.......