JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Let's try this new section!

I keep trying to convince myself I need another M1 carbine. I owned one before, but never shot it and traded it off. I've shot a few round through one after repair in a test booth.

I could meet at Albany Rifle and Pistol. I don't have any .30 carbine ammo, but would be happy to bring my Garand, 03a3, or anything else I have you care to shoot.

Late afternoons and evenings are easiest for me. Thanks!

Wish you were closer! You may poo-poo it but I have the new manufacture Inland. With my limited experience (6 years) with fire arms, I love the thing! I didn't want an original as I wanted a shooter.

ive got a pretty nice one that your more than welcome to try out here. I have a nice little spot here setup to shoot.
Mine is a bring back from Korea:) M1

One thing with a carbine is its a pretty low pressure round (38,500 psi max) so actions and chambers, throats seem to last a very long time! So even your surplus rifles have allot of life left in them!

I'll have an A/O (AOM 130) in the near future. I recommend the "war baby" because it has so much going for it.

a) Good power 1977 fps/955 fpe at the muzzle with a 110-grain soft point bullet. Modern Soft Point ammunition is extremely effective. (Watch the Brass Fetcher's video of Federal's 110-grain Jacketed Soft Point ammunition on their website).

b) The rifle is easily controlled.

c) It is also easily handled/manipulated.

d) The M1 Carbine has a simple "manual of arms".

e) The Carbine was designed from the outset as a Personal Defense Weapon by none other than Winchester Repeating Arms Company for the United States War Department. (A "ringing endorsement" if I ever heard one).

f) It has been functioning/serving in a military/police/civilian capacity since 1942 (74 years this September).

g) 10/15/30 round magazines ensure ample capacity for PD/HD/Small to Medium size game hunting.

h) The rifle is a pleasure to shoot.

I) It performs well in the hands of both the novice and experienced shooters alike.

Do you really need any more "reasons" than the foregoing? Really?

Enough said.

Well bubblegum, guess I need to find someone who needs to trade out of a carbine. Cash poor these days, so I'll need to find what I have left to trade...

Do yourself a great favor and look on the Gunbroker. If you keep watching you can find some good used "commecial" offerings that aren't exceedingly expensive.

There are some that, all told, can cost less than $600.00. Do it quickly before prices rocket through the stratosphere.

You know what, I've got a few M1 Carbines I've been thinking about dumping, I'm not in any real hurry to get rid of them, and a buddy of mine really wants one of them, at least he did a few years ago. I have two, an inland, and I think the other is one of the TC repros, it's barely been shot, and the few times I took it out 10+ years ago it was a little finicky (it was new, not shot to hell and back). I have a TON of reloading components, probably 10K worth of brass, and thousands more rounds of loaded ammo, along with tons of mags for both. If you decide you want one, lets keep in touch, I'd be willing to cut you a decent deal on the whole package, but I'm kinda busy taking care of my dad right now. But if you're interested, we can work something out.

So many of these people think they know better than marksman such as Audie Murphy among others.

I hear so much of the same BS repeated about the "frozen Chosin" (at the Cho Sin Reservoir during the Korean Conflict). Yes, it was cold. The M1 Garands "froze up" and the firearm lubricants (gun oils) of the period, began to congeal at the sub-zero temperatures. The propellants of the day may not have been performing at peak efficiency, causing retarded combustion. This may have slowed bullet velocities, but I believe that many Marines and soldiers tried to employ the M1/M2 Carbines beyond their intended range/perameter. You can't make "a silk purse from a sow's ear". Pushing the .30 Carbine beyond 200 yards in 25-30 degrees below zero is in no wise an indicator of "Mean Average Performance".

I'd be willing to bet that Buffalo Bore's JSP 110-grain .30 Carbine load (rated at 2100 fps and 1077 fpe at the Carbine's muzzle) is a darned fine performer out to 200 yards (1147.3 feet-per-second and 321.4 foot-pounds of energy). The load does not exceed the "top-end" pressure levels for the .30 Carbine of 40,000 PSI. Buffalo Bore calls these FMJ/JSP/JHP offerings their "full power" ammunition. It made perfect sense to me.

Just dwell on these facts and figures a while. It will eventually come to you.

So many of these people think they know better than marksman such as Audie Murphy among others.

I hear so much of the same BS repeated about the "frozen Chosin" (at the Cho Sin Reservoir during the Korean Conflict). Yes, it was cold. The M1 Garands "froze up" and the firearm lubricants (gun oils) of the period, began to congeal at the sub-zero temperatures. The propellants of the day may not have been performing at peak efficiency, causing retarded combustion. This may have slowed bullet velocities, but I believe that many Marines and soldiers tried to employ the M1/M2 Carbines beyond their intended range/perameter. You can't make "a silk purse from a sow's ear". Pushing the .30 Carbine beyond 200 yards in 25-30 degrees below zero is in no wise an indicator of "Mean Average Performance".

I'd be willing to bet that Buffalo Bore's JSP 110-grain .30 Carbine load (rated at 2100 fps and 1077 fpe at the Carbine's muzzle) is a darned fine performer out to 200 yards (1147.3 feet-per-second and 321.4 foot-pounds of energy). The load does not exceed the "top-end" pressure levels for the .30 Carbine of 40,000 PSI. Buffalo Bore calls these FMJ/JSP/JHP offerings their "full power" ammunition. It made perfect sense to me.

Just dwell on these facts and figures a while. It will eventually come to you.

''So many of these people''.

What people would you be talking about? ;)

Last Edited: