JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
before i start i have several questions

1.can you get a barrel 1-9 or 1-10 twist?
2. will the gun shoot a 63 grn bullets as well as a 50 grn?
3. how long should the barrel be?
4. how thick?
thanks for input

I'm no expert, but here's what I would do:
1. you can get a barrel up to a 1-7 twist, if you want to shoot the 75 and 80 grain bullets. I'd probably go 1-8 or 1-9.
2. Sure
3. All up to you, depending on purpose. A dedicated prairie dog gun for me would run 24-27", for a dedicated coyote rifle, 23-24" I personally wouldn't go under 22", but I'm a tall guy, and find long rifles balance better for me. Also, under about 23-24" blast starts increasing.
4. Once again, what are your uses? PD rifles would get a Remington Varmint contour, yote guns a Remington standard sporter or a #2.

I think I would want something with a bigger hole if I thought I might have to stop a kitty at close range!

What I might put together might look a lot like a 700SPS in a better stock, maybe with a fluted barrel, shooting for a weight of 7.25 to 7.5 lbs., with scope, in Talley Lightweight mounts.

Howdy,

Any smith that is putting your gun together, or any barrel manufacturer will supply you with a barrel that is precisely appropriate for the application you present to them: light bullets, heavy bullets, or an all-purpose twist rate.

As to barrel contour, length and weight, that will be dictated by your purpose for the gun. Once again, the smith or the barrel supplier will be very knowledgable and match you up with what you need for what you want to do.

Ask questions, then listen intently. Be earnest in your intent to do business with them, and they will unhesitatingly be generous in their advice gained from years of experience. Even experienced riflemen who've had numerous custom guns built, and extensive knowledge will always consult and listen to the information supplied by men in the trade.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top