JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just picked up a Walther PPQ M2 in 9mm and I have to say it outshoots any of the multitude of pistols I've owned to date. The M2 does away with the paddle mag releases and replaces it with a standard button release. The button is the first I've had that doesn't require me to reposition my left hand to drop the mag. I shot it at a standard half silhouette target at 50 ft. 150 problem free rounds later, right out of the box after cleaning, I basically drilled a 75 round hole in the center mass area and another 75 round hole in the target's head. The trigger is simply impossible to describe it's so good. Not for everybody as there's no safety beyond the firing pin safety, but if you like Single Action only striker fired pistols you can't beat this. Lifetime warrantied as well. I went back and forth between this and an HK P30 in its various trigger configurations, but I'm overjoyed I picked the Walther. Amazing and about $300 cheaper than the HK. 058C4C0C-1039-4D61-81F3-C344A8ED6767-1319-000000BB3E4E619C_zpsb2cdd7a3.jpg 7A2F6551-7978-47D1-94B1-61C0E7823D6D-1319-000000BB12903FAC_zps7a21ae77.jpg

I forgot to add that the grip is equally as great as the trigger. Comes with three interchangeable back straps for customizing it to your hand, but the key is simply how it fills and fits your hand, allows you to quickly bring it back on target. The trigger reset is the shortest I've handled and better than the Apex kits or the Powder River kits for the M&P and XDm .45s I had. Even better than the Sig SRT trigger on the P220 I owned.

Congrats! I've only tried the PPQ M1, but I agree, the trigger is the best out of the box on any polymer pistol out there. The reset is insanely short too. Only thing I didn't like about the M1 was the paddle mag release so if I ever got one, the M2 would be it.

How's the magazine situation looking? Last I checked, it wasn't great I hate to say. The M1 at least had the Magnum Research P99 alternatives, but IIRC, the M2 uses a new design.

Congrats! I've only tried the PPQ M1, but I agree, the trigger is the best out of the box on any polymer pistol out there. The reset is insanely short too. Only thing I didn't like about the M1 was the paddle mag release so if I ever got one, the M2 would be it.

How's the magazine situation looking? Last I checked, it wasn't great I hate to say. The M1 at least had the Magnum Research P99 alternatives, but IIRC, the M2 uses a new design.

I have M1 and M2's. I really like the paddle release, but the side button release is surprisingly good. I don't have to change my grip at all to use it.

The magazine situation is still terrible. Walther America allegedly shipped 5,000 mags to dealers a couple weeks ago but I haven't seen additional availability yet. I bought several M1 magazines straight from S&W back in January, fortunately. I'd sure like an armload of (way overpriced) M2 magazines to go with them.

That option only works if you have an M1.....
I'm Waiting to pick up an M2 5in. so I can slap the 5in. slide on my M1 frame. I Love the paddle release! Just can't believe that Walther did not use the P99/M1 mags for the M2.....

That option only works if you have an M1.....
I'm Waiting to pick up an M2 5in. so I can slap the 5in. slide on my M1 frame. I Love the paddle release! Just can't believe that Walther did not use the P99/M1 mags for the M2.....

They wouldn't have worked with the new magazine release. What really irritates me is they didn't make the M2 mags backwards compatible with the P99/M1.

I have the original PPQ in both 9mm and .40.
I love the paddle release, the grip and the trigger is fabulous. Only thing is I'm not quite as accurate with the PPQs as I am
with my Glocks. But they are great shooters.

I'm just the opposite with my previous polymers and the ones I still have, ie way more accurate with the Walther. It's probably not the gun itself, though. I have smallish hands for a 5'11" guy and the grip on the Walther seems perfect for me with the small backstrap. It's more ergonomics, I think. Most equivalent priced pistols are just as finely machined and inherently accurate. It's the tiniest of details of how the gun melds with the shooter that makes this such an individualized thing.

My favorite, easily. I traded my original, but plan on getting two once mag availability improves. I had over 5,500 flawless rounds through mine. Incredible trigger and ergos.

I am slightly more accurate with the PPQ than my Glock 19 (Gen 4), but I'm faster with the Glock. In my opinion, the PPQ is one of the top service pistols on the market.

CDNN had a bunch of Magnum Research S&W magazines for sale.

I used a silver sharpie to mark the difference, dremel and file and they work like a charm. Sure beats $60 a pop for real Walther mags.

The correct Magnum Research mags for the later run of P99s and PPQ M1s is part number MAGFA915. They run about half what the Walther branded mags do, despite being identical except for the floor plate and color of the follower. They are functionally identical, and are even made by MecGar, like the Walther mags.

Had they not changed the mags for the M2, I would never have traded my M1.