JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
these r sweet guns- i have a wtb listed for one in WA. there is a guy in roseburg that wants a FTF deal. he is asking 500 and doesnt sound like he wants to move much on price, but its a buyers market right now.

Yeah they are nice. I found some across the states for $400 and they want an ftf deal as well. I'm hoping someone here can offer such a deal.

A guy in Forest Grove is selling one that has 1000 rounds through it for $500 on gunbroker.com. It's been up there a while. You might talk him down in trade for not having to hassle with paperwork and shipping. But $500 might also be a fair price.

Andy

might find the SW99 for under $450 without too much trouble.

my p99 is SPF on a trade valued around $500. though it is a buyers market some pistols aren't going to drop as much as others... and a FTF deal is usually the desired method for most people... that and the to your hands price on gunbroker is usually $50-60 less then what your going to really be paying after shipping, FFL, and state fee's... plus on a FTF you can inspect the gun first.

Thanks for the friendly advice guys. Guess I'll have to fork over a few more dollars for the piece. I don't mind really. I think it's worth it.

Yeah, I held a P99 at the Gun Broker in Tigard. I think they wanted $750 or more for it.
I don't know that I've ever held a full size pistol that has ever fit better in my hand. I really like the decock function too.

Is there any real difference between the P99 and the SW99? I've heard so many things. Wondered if anyone had an opinion here.

I did a bit of research on the differences before I bought my SW99. From what I could gather, SW took over manufacture (assembly?) and distribution of the 99 back around 1996 (if memory serves, I'm writing this in a hurry). The SW99 slide is German-manufactured, the base is made in the US. Discontinued in 2004, I think, right when S&W introduced the M&P.

I love that gun! Nicest fit for my hand, shoots like a dream and eats whatever I feed it, even my rookie reloads ;)

Saw one last month at the gun show, it was like $475; I paid $450 a year ago for a nice one in great shape. Mine has at least 1500 rounds downrange.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.