Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Walther P99 or SW 99

Discussion in 'Handguns Wanted' started by moontribe, Nov 26, 2009.

1. moontribe

moontribe PDX Member

I'm looking for a good deal on either between $300 and $450. I'm new to this forum. Feel free to give me some advice. Thanks!

2. bolen05

bolen05 Vancouver, WA Member

these r sweet guns- i have a wtb listed for one in WA. there is a guy in roseburg that wants a FTF deal. he is asking 500 and doesnt sound like he wants to move much on price, but its a buyers market right now.

3. moontribe

moontribe PDX Member

Yeah they are nice. I found some across the states for $400 and they want an ftf deal as well. I'm hoping someone here can offer such a deal.

4. Andy

Andy Aurora, OR Active Member

A guy in Forest Grove is selling one that has 1000 rounds through it for $500 on gunbroker.com. It's been up there a while. You might talk him down in trade for not having to hassle with paperwork and shipping. But $500 might also be a fair price.

Andy

5. codeman583

codeman583 Central OR Member

might find the SW99 for under $450 without too much trouble.

my p99 is SPF on a trade valued around $500. though it is a buyers market some pistols aren't going to drop as much as others... and a FTF deal is usually the desired method for most people... that and the to your hands price on gunbroker is usually $50-60 less then what your going to really be paying after shipping, FFL, and state fee's... plus on a FTF you can inspect the gun first.

6. bolen05

yours looked like it was in really good shape codeman- congrats on the SPF

7. codeman583

thanks man.... it is pretty nice... the more used guns definitely get inexpensive.

was more interested in trades truth be told....

8. bolen05

sure wish u were in vantucky instead

9. codeman583

the Couv isn't too far... :) but a local deal is better.

10. moontribe

moontribe PDX Member

Thanks for the friendly advice guys. Guess I'll have to fork over a few more dollars for the piece. I don't mind really. I think it's worth it.

11. Andy

Andy Aurora, OR Active Member

Yeah, I held a P99 at the Gun Broker in Tigard. I think they wanted $750 or more for it.
    I don't know that I've ever held a full size pistol that has ever fit better in my hand. I really like the decock function too.

12. moontribe

moontribe PDX Member

Is there any real difference between the P99 and the SW99? I've heard so many things. Wondered if anyone had an opinion here.

13. Monkeyman

Monkeyman Portland, OR Member

I did a bit of research on the differences before I bought my SW99. From what I could gather, SW took over manufacture (assembly?) and distribution of the 99 back around 1996 (if memory serves, I'm writing this in a hurry). The SW99 slide is German-manufactured, the base is made in the US. Discontinued in 2004, I think, right when S&W introduced the M&P.

I love that gun! Nicest fit for my hand, shoots like a dream and eats whatever I feed it, even my rookie reloads ;)

Saw one last month at the gun show, it was like $475; I paid $450 a year ago for a nice one in great shape. Mine has at least 1500 rounds downrange.