Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Walther P22

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Dusky, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Dusky

Dusky Eugene Member

The front sight keeps coming out of my P22 when I draw from my Fobus holster. Will Locktite work to keep it in? Any better suggestion? Anyone have the short front sight that they would like to sell as I have lost mine?

2. Weebs

Weebs Clackamas County Member

The P22 front sight is just a flanged piece of plastic. I'm guessing that if it's come off once it will no longer hold as tight. I'd just replace it with a new one. They can't be very expensive.

3. Searcher451

Searcher451 Oregon Member

Contact the S&W/Walther America customer service website and tell them what is going on. They'll undoubtedly send you a new one free of charge.

4. Stevie

Stevie Inner SE PDX Member

Nah, he was right the first time. The standard solution for these is Loctite for use with Fobus. I found this answer on the web (common problem) and it worked great on mine. The design of the Fobus and the P22 sight are just wrong together....

5. Stevie

Stevie Inner SE PDX Member

Actually, thinking back, I used a dab of gorilla glue, not Loctite. But either would probably work.

6. Dusky

Dusky Eugene Member

Thanks I will get a short sight and glue it in place this time.