JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would like to hear some reviews of the walther p22. I am thinking about getting one for my wife, so I need something that will stand up to 1000-2000 rounds per year and hopefully last for a few years to come. I would like to know if one generation is better than the others? How to tell them appart from the old ones if they have problems. Any helpfull criticism would be great.

I have one yet it has only seen 200 rounds. I am waiting for my suppressor before I really start firing it. Initial impressions are good though, can't really say much else. However I have read a few things about the first gen ones on AR15.com that say they arn't as good as the newer ones. Look for some info over there, thats where i did some research before getting mine.

i've put at least 5k through mine with minimal problems.

The only issues i have had with it were some FTE's and usually that was due to crud building up on the ejector. Spray liberally with some CLP and cycle a few times and it cleared right up.

I love my P22, as does the wife:s0155:

Finch, The p22 will stand up to 1000-2000 rounds per year... but you'll find that you'll put a lot more than that through it.

I got mine in april and have well over 5000 rounds through it. Only problems I've had with it were ammo based.

I have one yet it has only seen 200 rounds. I am waiting for my suppressor before I really start firing it. Initial impressions are good though, can't really say much else. However I have read a few things about the first gen ones on AR15.com that say they arn't as good as the newer ones. Look for some info over there, thats where i did some research before getting mine.
Thanks for the tip. I will see what I find

Finch, The p22 will stand up to 1000-2000 rounds per year... but you'll find that you'll put a lot more than that through it.

I got mine in april and have well over 5000 rounds through it. Only problems I've had with it were ammo based.
Knowing how my wife thinks every semi auto is fully auto it will probably see just as much, as well as the punishment that I give it.

who has a good opinion of the two barrel lengths. Is the 5'' alot better? Im not hugely fond of the looks of the extention peice but I could compromise for accuracy. What are people using that have both?

We sold the one we had... In a lot of aspects it was a good gun, but with my boys using it for IDPA we just couldn't get over the mag disconnect! With the way they have you clear the weapon, it was alway a pita with a RO who wasn't familar with the P22. We sold ours and purchase a Ruger 22/45 MkII.

Charles

I've had mine for about a year. Only problem was ammo related (couple stovepipes). My biggest drawback was letting my wife shoot it. then I added a lazer and now if I want a turn with it I go to range alone. I should probably buy another one:s0092: