JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Are there any decent rifle/carbine courses in the Seattle area? Would prefer taught by more name brand places that are up to date on current techniques. Mostly looking for a class focused on CQB/defensive style information.

No fudd stuff or weird rules like requiring barrels to be 16" or be suppressed…

My ears are were a burnin'!

I own the range, so no public range policies etc that hinder training. Barrel up, shooting 270 degrees and more is allowed, as that's what's used on the street.

Can run any length barrel and suppressors. We teach how to work around people safely with both pistol and rifle, using many positions.

A shoot house is going up in the next few weeks to allow for CQB, building search etc.

We do everything from first time firearms owners, to vehicle, to night vision...all with instructors that have been there and have had it done to them.

We have 3 scheduled standard courses, and extra subjects for private groups and special training requests. Our vehicle class allows for working around the vehicle up to 270 degrees, for a more realistic experience.

We also hand pick and host some of the nation's best instructors, and host two platform specific shoot/BBQ weekends...AK and AR.

Check out the website for current schedule and give me a call to discuss.

http://cerberus-training.com

I can't speak to Cerberus, though I've been meaning to get out there -- hopefully later this summer.

However, I am a huge fan of Firearms Academy of Seattle (FAS). Marty and Gila Hayes have a great facilty in Onalaska (Lewis County) straight down I-5 around Centralia. Mas Ayoob and a plethora of big-name, internationally recognized instructors come up regularly
https://firearmsacademy.com/

It's been a few years since I frequented Firearms Academy of Seattle - I concur with Old Dog's assessment of FAS. Great venue. (I even had a chance to engage the dark room scenario ... with Mas Ayoob.)

I can't speak to Cerberus, though I've been meaning to get out there -- hopefully later this summer.

However, I am a huge fan of Firearms Academy of Seattle (FAS). Marty and Gila Hayes have a great facilty in Onalaska (Lewis County) straight down I-5 around Centralia. Mas Ayoob and a plethora of big-name, internationally recognized instructors come up regularly
https://firearmsacademy.com/
OD make your way over to Cerberus training you will not regret it. You can expect rear world training, as you wont be limited in the environment of a city building. IMO Steve does an excellent job assessing your skills and works off that, he will make you a better overall shooter.

OD make your way over to Cerberus training you will not regret it. You can expect rear world training, as you wont be limited in the environment of a city building. IMO Steve does an excellent job assessing your skills and works off that, he will make you a better overall shooter.
Thank you for the recommendation!

One of my issues as an agency firearms instructor has been that my employer did not substantially change up our training curriculum and methods in the last fifteen years or so -- and it's certainly not as though there haven't been a lot of changes in the firearms/training world. Which is why so many of us did/do training on our own dime during weekends and vacations. Even in the military, we continued to evolve, and I was privileged to train with other branches and even Blackwater. So, I do love attending courses done by schools and trainers I've no experience with; if I learned anything in the last 40 years in the military and law enforcement, it's that you can always get better and there's always new things to learn. I am looking forward to being able to do a lot more classes in my retirement, and I definitely be hooking up with Cerberus Group. BBQ weekends? Hell, yeah!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top