JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Very, very rare and unique Ithaca, U.S. Army, 1911, Gov Model, .45ACP. I have only seen one other like it on Gunbroker and it was at $1300. I love it because it is unique, vintage, historic and "way more coolerer" than any other 1911 I have owned. It is however to nice for me to be carrying around the farm everyday :) So I would like to trade it for something I can get dirty. All markings, proofs and stamps match indicating the gun was never issued for service in the war. Ithaca only made about 300, 000 and most of those were sent to England where they were rarely issued to civilians or military forces because they don't chamber the Webley round. After the war the pistols were sold as surplus back in the States. I have fully researched this pistol and it has the serrated hammer, HiStandard barrel, Bakelite grips, Mr. Atwoods proof mark, "No." prefix in serial number, "Not English make" on slide, no "s" stamped on the frame/disconnector, 207,xxx number and it was engraved by an unknown craftsman (probably as a retirement award). This pistol drives tacks and feeds everything too! 3 mags and a multi position holster (hip/lower back/cross draw) go with it. I'm looking for something along the lines of FN FALs, M1A, Saiga 12, Garand, 1873 levers, Yellowboy, Henry, Side by side 12ga...I don't know what do you have?

Pics are gone and it wont let me put them back....I have them in my public album though if you go to my profile. I can email them too.

Please PM me with pics and your number, I'll get right back to you.

Last Edited:
I don't know :) I tried to reload them and it claims they are still there. If you go to my profile they are in a public folder there called "Ithica"

Hi Velzey, thanks again for getting the pics back up for me. The BV is a Brittish proof mark and it stands for "Birmingham Proof House". The V is for victory and the "Not English Make" stamp means it was shipped back to the States prior to 1955. I think a lot of these guns were engraved by the importers in mass, hence no signature. Each guy did a different part of the gun (I was told) This pistol is real clean and I don't think I'm asking enough for it :)

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.