JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just came into a Taurus millennium 9mm and was curious on opinions of those who've shot them. I've always stayed clear of Taurus products after hearing a bunch of poor quality stories...not always second hand. I know they've been working to change their reputation....have they done it or do i have a crap pistol?

I've had two - a 9mm and a .380. They are definitely not top shelf, but they were not crap. Both of mine ran fine. The .380 took some breaking in before it wanted to run well, but then ran a few thousand rounds with no issues. The 9mm ran great from the get-go. The .380 was ridiculously easy to double tap with. Both were reasonably accurate, with OK but not great triggers and good sites. They were easy to break down and clean. I've heard stories from other Taurus owners, so I'd suggest that you put a few boxes of ammo through it to see how it runs. I would bet that it will be fine, but then I don't know the conditions under which you came into possession of it. If it was "hey, you want this piece of junk" then all bets are off. :)

It's a NIB pistol so I don't have to worry about someone else killing it. What grain bullet do you run?
Seems to me 115 and 124 both ran fine in it. Don't know if I ever ran subsonics (usually 147) through that gun. I remember trying a lot of different brands though, and it wasn't picky. I even did a "mixed mag" where I loaded a bunch of different brands and weights into one mag and rapid fired it. Fun and pseudo-scientific. ;) It did fine.

It would be a good idea to disassemble, clean and lube the gun before you shoot it for the first time. There are lots of videos on that.

Is it a G2? I believe there was a recall on the PT111, probably not the G2 though. You might want to check their website just to be sure.

A buddy of mine bought one brand new, and it spent 6 weeks at Taurus because the magazine release broke before a shot was fired.

Shoot it, only way to know.

I own quite a few taurus pistols. I dont baby mine and yet Ive never had a pistol of theirs fail on me. The internet is full of people who parrot stories that are not their own.. Thus the stigma continues.
However Ive never had a lemon from them.

While Taurus isnt top shelf, they do work. Since it is a lower end pistol, shoot the heck out of it and enjoy.

Owned a few Pt-111 G2's and honestly would like to find another to own soon.

I have a PT145MillPro that is VERY ergonomically comfortable in my hand, and never had an issue with the gun. I'm not really "fussy" about triggers and have no complaints there, but I don't care for the factory Heine "straight-eight" sights on it (give me tritium 3-dots anytime). The "safe action" SA/DA trigger for a "second strike" capability is actually a nice feature if you have a primer that doesn't go off and the slide doesn't cycle to re-cock the striker (only had one in the several hundred I've run through mine).

I wish Glocks would do that, but they have ubiquitous "common/interchangeable" parts, accessories, and support so that's the main reason why I roll with the "big G".

I have a PT145MillPro that is VERY ergonomically comfortable in my hand, and never had an issue with the gun. I'm not really "fussy" about triggers and have no complaints there, but I don't care for the factory Heine "straight-eight" sights on it (give me tritium 3-dots anytime). The "safe action" SA/DA trigger for a "second strike" capability is actually a nice feature if you have a primer that doesn't go off and the slide doesn't cycle to re-cock the striker (only had one in the several hundred I've run through mine).

I wish Glocks would do that, but they have ubiquitous "common/interchangeable" parts, accessories, and support so that's the main reason why I roll with the "big G".
I've shot those Taurus crazy eight sights too and I just can't get used to them. I'm a little fussy about triggers and I found that outside the long pull, MillPro triggers are not that bad. The gun itself will never win a beauty contest, but I like the grip and balance and I haven't had one malf on me.

Better check if it's one of the one's that was on the recall. Was around when one of those discharged on magazine seating. Lots of pucker factor. Friends don't let friends shoot Taurus.

I know I'm late to the party here, but I'm old!
I have owned Taurus guns in .38spl(2), .40, .45, 9mm, and .22lr. Only problem ever was a broken firing pin on a pt22 and a weak firing pin spring on a .38 stubby. The spring was my fault, and an easy fix. The firing pin, on the other hand proved how horrible Taurus customer service is. They refuse to sell even the most basic parts, so you have to send everything to them. And they take forever to make the fix.
That being said, I do not think their guns are junk, just the customer service!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top