JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a vepr 12. I have a Salvo 12 in jail. Now… I am strongly considering sbring my Vepr, but kind of want to make sure it gets properly tuned and runs well. Any recommendations? I want to keep the original thread pitch for an ordered adapter. And yes I have a few 10 round original Russian mags and some csspecs.

Pay for the tuning as part of the service .

Not having shot either but have handled both, I would sell the Salvo 12 and buy a JK SGX suppressor. Even if the Salvo 12 performed by leagues better. The weight savings and simplicity of the SGX seems to me to be well worth any potential trade off in performance.

According to SciShop in their longest configurations the SGX is 12.2" and 1lb
The Salvo 12 is 12" and 2.15Lbs

In the shortest the Salvo is 6.42" and still 1.3lbs

Not to mention the ease of reconfiguring the SGX.

Imagine trying to swing a shotgun around with over 2lbs hanging off the end. They are unbelievably unwieldy.

Not having shot either but have handled both, I would sell the Salvo 12 and buy a JK SGX suppressor. Even if the Salvo 12 performed by leagues better. The weight savings and simplicity of the SGX seems to me to be well worth any potential trade off in performance.

Imagine trying to swing a shotgun around with over 2lbs hanging off the end. They are unbelievably unwieldy.
Being familiar with both manufacturers and their products I chose the silencerco for durability reasons. Really think I made the right call too. And I bet I am removing close to a pound, and no, not the least worried about the weight.

Otherwise I would not use csspecs mags

While you are not wrong (and most likely have the best answer).
I don't know exactly how the OP has his Vepr 12 is set up, but we are talking about an AK shotgun based on an RPK. Nothing is lite about this thing.
PXL_20240307_042457449.jpg

Yes, imagine swinging around 2 ponds of metal on the end of the barrel. No imagination required......... :D
PXL_20240307_042520436.jpg

Being familiar with both manufacturers and their products I chose the silencerco for durability reasons. Really think I made the right call too. And I bet I am removing close to a pound, and no, not the least worried about the weight.

Otherwise I would not use csspecs mags
I have thought about doing the same thing. I am really interested to hear what you end up doing and how you like it.

I don't know exactly how the OP has his Vepr 12 is set up, but we are talking about an AK shotgun based on an RPK. Nothing is lite about this thing.
View attachment 1838100

Yes, imagine swinging around 2 ponds of metal on the end of the barrel. No imagination required......... :D
View attachment 1838101
You should see the break I pulled off! It's massive. Mine has the metal folding stock from bonesteel.

You should see the break I pulled off! It's massive. Mine has the metal folding stock from bonesteel.
Ya, I got the 2 chamber break to keep it lightweight. The "regular" 3 chamber looked like a beast!

I liked the idea of an adjustable stock (and it shoots really well with the pad), but the folding BoneSteel stock looks so much better.

I have a vepr 12. I have a Salvo 12 in jail. Now… I am strongly considering sbring my Vepr, but kind of want to make sure it gets properly tuned and runs well. Any recommendations? I want to keep the original thread pitch for an ordered adapter. And yes I have a few 10 round original Russian mags and some csspecs.
McCluskey Arms in Eugene has done a lot of AK and VEPR 12's. I have shot a buddies VEPR 12 SBR done by them and am very impressed with the work, so much so I bought one of their RPK builds. The VEPR 12 SBR I shot ran flawless with birdshot to buckshot and is definitely worth doing the SBR conversion.

Ya, I got the 2 chamber break to keep it lightweight. The "regular" 3 chamber looked like a beast!

I liked the idea of an adjustable stock (and it shoots really well with the pad), but the folding BoneSteel stock looks so much better.
View attachment 1838100

View attachment 1838101
FYI the v6 brake only weighs 3.4 oz

The Molot gk-01 clones are 7 oz. Carolina shooters supply sells both.

Sds imports has a gk-01 clone for around $70. Not sure on weight though. I can weigh mine if you want to know. It's heavy. I have both these and both work well. I think I prefer gk-01 a little bit. Recoil reduction is simply ridiculous, 60-80% depending on the load.

Last Edited:
Haven't shot it yet. Will be doing so next week
So I took it out with a friend, and... ...I think it might be my favorite shotgun of all time. Letting 10 rounds out rapid fire was amazing. The drums need tuning as I was told they would but the CSSPECS mags ran amazingly well. It also seems to run low brass bird shot just fine. That was a shock.