JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$1000
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
9mm
City
Vancouver
State
Washington
Zip Code
I have owned this gun for about 15 years and for many years it shot fine (about 1,000 rounds) but now it strikes primers just off center enough to be a problem. I know it can be fixed but BWE firearms is backlogged about 6 months and I don't know who else to send it to.

Will include two mags.

I am ok with selling for cash, or a trade for an AKV or CZ Scorpion.

Or, if you know who can fix it, PM me!

IMG_2331.JPG IMG_2330.JPG IMG_2332.JPG IMG_2333.JPG IMG_2334.JPG IMG_2335.JPG IMG_2336.JPG

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
No. I did take it to Brimstone gunsmithing in Vancouver a few weeks ago. They could not diagnose it, but could rule out anything being broken or dirty.

It really is hitting the primers on the edge, not in the center.

I had one many moons ago if the barrel was even the least bit loose it would strike the primer at 12 o clock.

The problem first came up about 10 years ago. I could not figure out the issue and I had a lot going on it my personal life so I just put it in the back of the safe. Every few years I would take it apart, put it back together, and try it, same issue. Finally I thought it was gun smith time, so took it to Brimestone and they had the same issue but they didn't know much about an uzi.

For good or for bad, the problem has been consistent now. From talking to BWE, it does not sound hard to fix. I wish he was not crazy busy.

Last Edited:
Just met Kindrox. Thanks for sharing some useful insight his way. Goodluck with that Uzi partner. Hands down there is someone on here who knows an easy fix for it.

Gonna offer a WAG here- Yes, for sure be certain the barrel nut is securing the barrel. Also, looking at the pic of the receiver, it looks like the rear barrel support (the hood that the chamber end of the barrel mates into) seems ever so slightly biased to one side. Could be a trick of the photo, but if off a bit, the primer will not be struck in the center. Not sure how that could happen, but Group Industries built a whole bunch of both full auto and semi auto guns in a relatively short amount of time, as well as offering receivers as well.

Gonna offer a WAG here- Yes, for sure be certain the barrel nut is securing the barrel. Also, looking at the pic of the receiver, it looks like the rear barrel support (the hood that the chamber end of the barrel mates into) seems ever so slightly biased to one side. Could be a trick of the photo, but if off a bit, the primer will not be struck in the center. Not sure how that could happen, but Group Industries built a whole bunch of both full auto and semi auto guns in a relatively short amount of time, as well as offering receivers as well.

I will take a close look and maybe I can prove/disprove this as the cause. Lets say it is the cause, what is the fix?

It was my understanding that they went out of business. I called the two numbers in the yellow pages listing. One is disconnected. The other actually went to an answering machine that said vector arms. The website is blank.

So I will try calling them during business hours and leave a message.

It was my understanding that they went out of business. I called the two numbers in the yellow pages listing. One is disconnected. The other actually went to an answering machine that said vector arms. The website is blank.

So I will try calling them during business hours and leave a message.

I bought from them years ago, & my Uzi started working off & on--I never diagnosed it, just called them. They fixed it promptly & even redid the scraped off finish from the cheap sling I had earlier installed--I'm sure they will fix your problem, if they're still around

Last Edited:
I will take a close look and maybe I can prove/disprove this as the cause. Lets say it is the cause, what is the fix?
It could be as simple as installing the barrel only when the bolt is out of the gun. If alingment is the only problem then with the bolt out, you should be able to get the barrel in straight. If the feed ramp/restrictor ring is really off center, it may help to use a brass hammer and punch to persuade it into position. I would replace the firing pin spring first, and make sure the barrel is in tight and square. Odds are that the ring is just fine if the gun ever worked properly. It would take a lot of sideways force to move the ring and you would know if that happened. Having built a few uzis, I can assure they are fairly simple machines, and are hard to screw up. That gun should be way more fun. It owes you!

It could be as simple as installing the barrel only when the bolt is out of the gun. If alingment is the only problem then with the bolt out, you should be able to get the barrel in straight. If the feed ramp/restrictor ring is really off center, it may help to use a brass hammer and punch to persuade it into position. I would replace the firing pin spring first, and make sure the barrel is in tight and square. Odds are that the ring is just fine if the gun ever worked properly. It would take a lot of sideways force to move the ring and you would know if that happened. Having built a few uzis, I can assure they are fairly simple machines, and are hard to screw up. That gun should be way more fun. It owes you!

Thank you for this. Sounds like I need to take it to the range and try some assembly iterations. I will look for a firing pin spring.

Thank you for this. Sounds like I need to take it to the range and try some assembly iterations. I will look for a firing pin spring.
U.S. Barrel Shrouds has the spring, Apex has them as well. If you are looking for more info, Uzitalk is a good place to look. Keep us posted on your progress.

Check the the top cover and see if it is too high letting the bolt sit high (IE 12oclock primer strikes) and check the barrel shoulder see if its got crap on it and cant seat all the way.Also check the firing pin protrusion? 050-.060" is pretty common for firing pin protrusion

Check the the top cover and see if it is too high letting the bolt sit high (IE 12oclock primer strikes) and check the barrel shoulder see if its got crap on it and cant seat all the way.Also check the firing pin protrusion? 050-.060" is pretty common for firing pin protrusion

I need to find someone with gauges to measure these.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.