JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$3
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Wilsonville
State
Oregon
Zip Code
I have a bunch of different smokeless powders available to sell for $3 per ounce. This is an opportunity for newer reloaders, to try some different powders without committing to a full pound purchase of each new powder. For now the powder will be packaged in plastic containers.

Send a reply to this ad with inquiries for specific powder type you're looking for, how many ounces and I will let you know if I have it or not. I will provide, via PM, a photo of the container the powder came from along with the lot code.

I will include a 100ct sleeve of primers with every 5 ounces of powder purchased.

$15 minimum purchase. Must be willing to meet in Wilsonville. No shipping and cash only.

20201010_141932.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
I actually think this is a fantastic option for those just getting into the hobby, GLWS.
Thanks, I wish somebody had been offering it up when I got started. That is partly how I ended up with so many containers of powder. I load for many calibers now so I like to have the variety around but it would have been handy back when I got started.

Hopefully I can find some reasonably priced containers today since the plastic bag idea seems to be a turn off.

Ziploc Food Storage Containers may be a fair economical option. Grocery stores usually have the small ones pretty cheap. A little staticky but I can't think of any cheap solutions that wont be. Your bag idea I'm sure was going to be just as bad.

Ziploc Food Storage Containers may be a fair economical option. Grocery stores usually have the small ones pretty cheap. A little staticky but I can't think of any cheap solutions that wont be. Your bag idea I'm sure was going to be just as bad.
Thanks, dollar tree had some of those in four packs, each one will hold more than 5oz. (see pic above), so no plastic bags:)

Last Edited:
Without permission from the owners of the various relevant IP rights, trademarks, brands etc., and without compliance with various federal and state labeling, packaging and regulatory requirements, you can't do this legally.

Without permission from the owners of the various relevant IP rights, trademarks, brands etc., and without compliance with various federal and state labeling, packaging and regulatory requirements, you can't do this legally.

Too bad because it would have been a great way to test a powder without committing to a full lb.

Not seeing the issue here.

OP has offered to split from original keg. Buyer has the option to see lot #'s &such.

A truly fantastic idea for the newer reloader, or anyone wanting to try out small quantities of a differing powder before investing in larger quantities.

Zero difference to selling manufactured ammunition I take & put in an unmarked ammunition can. Or ziplock baggies.

In fact, far better than my example above!

I have only had one taker so far, and they received the powder in the original containers, since they bought 8 ounces each of four different powders.

Not seeing the issue here.

OP has offered to split from original keg. Buyer has the option to see lot #'s &such.

A truly fantastic idea for the newer reloader, or anyone wanting to try out small quantities of a differing powder before investing in larger quantities.

Zero difference to selling manufactured ammunition I take & put in an unmarked ammunition can. Or ziplock baggies.

In fact, far better than my example above!

Maybe the worst case scenario is that people could join @arakboss 's reloading club and could then pay for the materials consumed. One of the club's safety rules is that they reload at home

Several folks have mentioned safety concerns over the repackaging of powders.

Everyone should be aware that being alive is dangerous, certain activities may make safety concerns an even higher priority than everyday normalcy (wearing a seatbelt if driving as an oversimplified example).

Reloading, handling & storing reloading components is an activity (among innumerable) where the individual needs to do so responsibly & safely.

Attached is SAAMI's recommendation on the storage and handling of smokeless powders:

If one is new reloader, or a reloader unaware of safe smokeless powder storage, it's worth your time to read it.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews