JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking into becoming a member. I was looking for a review of sorts.
1. Is there a range officer there?
2. Can you fire your pistol quickly?
3. Can you fire a pistol that fires more then 1000 fps yet?
4. Is there any other info that might be helpful?

1. On some organized competition there is a RO. Otherwise, general rule is first member at the club is the unofficial RO.
2. If you are able to do so, yes you can draw and rapid fire.
3. All pistol calibers less than. 454 Casual. Pistol caliber carbines are permitted, rimfire riles OK.
4. NRA Member, reasonable annual fee, can shoot from 7am to 10pm unless reserved for events. Great little club. Check the Website... For me a great local option, no additional session fees.. Far, far better than English Pit

1. On some organized competition there is a RO. Otherwise, general rule is first member at the club is the unofficial RO.
2. If you are able to do so, yes you can draw and rapid fire.
3. All pistol calibers less than. 454 Casual. Pistol caliber carbines are permitted, rimfire riles OK.
4. NRA Member, reasonable annual fee, can shoot from 7am to 10pm unless reserved for events. Great little club. Check the Website... For me a great local option, no additional session fees.. Far, far better than English Pit

Thanks for the info. I joined the nra on Friday. The fees definitely seem reasonable. I hope to be a member ether this month or the next.

No armor piercing, incendiary ammo, jacketed they recommend FMJ otherwise I am now aware of other restrictions. First page of vancouverrifle.com under What is allowed to be shot covers your comment....

lead only ammo restriction was lifted with the installment of a new back stop system. They still allow lead ammo,but plated or fmj makes less work for the air handler.
It looks like they do have their website updated for the 'what is allowed' portion,glad to see that.

there is a fun practical pistol match on thursdays,at 6:30pm,sharp. Spectators welcome,they'd like you to watch a match, and talk to the md/ro before shooting it.
Shoot it at your own pace,no cadillacs to be had.It is a lot of fun tho.d

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!
I joined just before they started the backstop upgrade. Haven't made time to go back due to other things like vacation, taxes and a wife that isn't getting any better taking my time!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
NRA Recruiter
Defender of Freedom Award
Washington Arms Collector Member
Vancouver Rifle & Pistol Club member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Questions for existing members:

1) how busy are they during the week during business hours?

2) Does anyone know if there are open times/tours so that you can actually see the range before joining (I haven't received any replies to an e-mail or a phone message that I left) ?

Thanks!

They have a very quiet during the day. They have about 4 or 5 scheduled events during the week. Can possibly tour the site at those times. I have very few problems with having pretty free run of the club when I need it. If you want to tour the club, I can meet in the evenings or weekend...

Thanks - I'll probably just stop by during one their events.

One more quick question - can you police your own brass? I know some indoor ranges don't allow you to because of concerns over lead dust.

too many self appointed know it all's at that club and no regular folks

I would recommended SAFE FIRE on 192nd
pluses
$20.00 and hour
No initiation fee 80.00
no dues 100.00
No NRA Membership required
No self appointed experts telling what you can and can't do
shoot your own ammo
magnums too
No B.S.
JMO

Last Edited:
Or you can just go into SafeFire and pay the hourly rate. A little high at $20+ per hour plus having to buy their targets but my experience has been great.
RO's are knowledgeable and friendly, you can police your own brass, and you can run what you brung. Just can't shoot big cal rifle's.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews