JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
On another thread it was stated that the Collectors West show in Vanc tends to be small. Someone said 1/2 the size of Portland.

Does that mean it is 1/2 the size of the Collectors West in Portland (Feb 5th) or 1/2 the size of the Rose City Gun and Knife show (Mar 19th)??

Other than put on by two differenct groups what is the difference in the shows?? Is the Collectors West really more toward the "collector" type products? Whereas the Rose City show is a little (occassionally alot) of everything?

Don't think I can make both so was trying to narrow the field. Looking more for ammo (9mm) and possibly a holster this time around.

I've come to the conclusion that all these shows have become traveling retail shows and venues for clearing junk inventories. There is no more motivation to go for ammo - IF vendors have any, it sells out shortly after the doors open on day 1. Then there's the table after table of retail priced guns. May as well go to your local favorite gunshop and take your time there without the crowds. Then the tables and tables of junk and trinkets. Guess I'm down on gun shows.

The past few shows I've been to, all 3 on the second or 3rd day, had plenty ammo IMO. This was Albany, Vancouver & Rickreall most recently. I agree, tho, that the pricing is just so-so.
I have seen some ok prices on guns, but you certainly have to look around the entire show 1 time, then make your decision.

Collectors West and Rose City Gun Collectors are both the same people.

The Vancouver show is 1/4 the size of Expo, but doesn't have all the Beanie-babies, violins, wooden boats, dream-catchers.

So, all boiled down to just guns..........it's actually 1/2 the size of the Expo show.

Mmmmmmm..... jerky.........

Homer.jpg

Went today and saw nothing but overpriced 1940's primers and powder and a few old guns. The prices are amazingly high. All old Oly's I saw were a minimum of a $1100. It took a total of 20 minutes to walkthrough. The only good thing is I bought 2 raffle tickets for a Barrett 50 BMG. There are only a 125 tickets available and the drawing is at the banquet (NRA). Just maybe I will win.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top