JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm curious if they have a no CCW policy on campus?

Of course.

From the UT Police's " <broken link removed> " page...

"The possession of a firearm, illegal knife, or prohibited weapon on the grounds of an educational institution is a third-degree felony in Texas. You should never bring weapons onto campus, and you should always follow safety protocols if you see an armed individual. The following weapons are prohibited:

Firearms
Explosive weapons
Machine guns
Short-barreled firearms
Firearm silencer
Switchblade knifes
Knuckles
Armor-piercing ammunition
Chemical dispensing devices
Zip gun
Club or night stick,
Illegal knives

In addition to state law, The University of Texas institutional rules prohibit the possession, display, or use of facsimile/fake firearms on the campus without the written permission of the Dean of Students Office.
"

Even though Austin is in Texas - a great gun-toting state if there ever was one - the city itself and especially the University are notoriously liberal and very much like Portland in many ways.

Of course.

From the UT Police's " <broken link removed> " page...

"The possession of a firearm, illegal knife, or prohibited weapon on the grounds of an educational institution is a third-degree felony in Texas. You should never bring weapons onto campus, and you should always follow safety protocols if you see an armed individual. The following weapons are prohibited:

Knuckles
"

So they don't allow anyone with hands on campus?

elsie

"Our campus is safe," school President Bill Powers said. Mr. Bill Powers lives in lala land.... this is why they should allow CHL holders to carry conceal weapons with them. I just hope that this isn't a false flag situation. I just can't understand why this happened, it was a "GUN FREE ZONE".... oh I get it..... Gun free zones are a JOKE!!!! Why doesn't anyone in the media ever mention that gun free zones don't work? because it wouldn't look good if the media said that.
They don't want responsible people to legally carry on campus because it wouldn't be population control and they couldn't make and pass stupid gun laws, that's why. If they really cared at the university, they would have had armed guards on duty. I also heard that an AK-47 was used...

As an Aggie :s0155: I just have to throw this out there...

Texas A&M University (just up the road from UT) also follows the state's "no weapons on campus" rule.

HOWEVER, they have exceptions stated in their policy. One of the clauses is so vague ("any other exception deemed appropriate by the Chief of Police") that it seems like it would basically cover anything, including concealed carry, if the right paperwork is filed. I can't imagine the A&M cops being as anti-gun as UT's so hopefully at least a few people on campus are armed.

Also, A&M campus police officers are armed. It just makes sense when you have 50,000 people together in one place to have some kind of protection.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top