JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Lockdown lifted at RAF Mildenhall after suspect's arrest; shots fired

upload_2017-12-18_11-24-28.png

The USAF doesn't play games with security (like the Army) we never issue a weapon without ammunition even in training (with a few exceptions). I was always shocked when interacting with Army troops how many were protected by a billy club or an unloaded weapon. It was like they were not trusted with the real thing. I was deployed into some security work during the Bader/Meinhoff terrorist spree in Germany. We were moving nuclear triggers around the continent and had extensive briefings on the threat and activity. The group would attack Army and other nations convoys to steal weapons because they knew how lightly protected they were. We were concerned but they never went after a USAF vehicle. We received some intelegence about a threat to my base (Spangdahlem) one time. The Commander had live Vulcan cannons deployed at any point he precived might be weak or vulnerable including a distance behind the main gate to give the cannon the ability to swing and manouver on targets. His instructions to the gate guards were to delay and get the hell out of the way because somebody was going to get lit up. Every vehicle coming through that gate was tracked by a live Vulcan Cannon for a few days. We never had a problem.

The USAF doesn't play games with security (like the Army) we never issue a weapon without ammunition even in training (with a few exceptions). I was always shocked when interacting with Army troops how many were protected by a billy club or an unloaded weapon. It was like they were not trusted with the real thing. I was deployed into some security work during the Bader/Meinhoff terrorist spree in Germany. We were moving nuclear triggers around the continent and had extensive briefings on the threat and activity. The group would attack Army and other nations convoys to steal weapons because they knew how lightly protected they were. We were concerned but they never went after a USAF vehicle. We received some intelegence about a threat to my base (Spangdahlem) one time. The Commander had live Vulcan cannons deployed at any point he precived might be weak or vulnerable including a distance behind the main gate to give the cannon the ability to swing and manouver on targets. His instructions to the gate guards were to delay and get the hell out of the way because somebody was going to get lit up. Every vehicle coming through that gate was tracked by a live Vulcan Cannon for a few days. We never had a problem.
Higher end.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads