JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Most Australian Man Ever Under Investigation for Punching a Kangaroo To Save His Dog's Life
By William Hicks| 12:56 pm, December 7, 2016

• under investigation by the zoo where he works after a video went viral of him punching a kangaroo to save his dog's life, according to the Daily Mail.

"Man punches a kangaroo in the face to rescue his dog (Original HD) - YouTube"

Taronga Western Plains Zoo in New South Wales is considering taking "appropriate action" in response to the man's heroic dog rescue.
    Greig Tonkins, who is an elephant keeper at the zoo, was out on a boar hunting expedition with his friends after one of his friends received a terminal cancer diagnosis. One of the dogs ran off after a boar and wound up in a headlock by a male kangaroo. Tonkins wrestled the dog free and then squared off with the kangaroo before landing a cold-cock right to the animal's face.

"Good animal welfare and the protection of Australian wildlife are of the utmost importance to Taronga," a zoo spokesperson told the Daily Mail. "We are working with Mr. Tonkins to understand the exact circumstances of the event and will consider any appropriate action."

Telling a Unique Story About Notable Events Put 1 VP on a Hunt for a New Spin on Things
    No matter what direction her side job takes off in, Fetting will continue to make "spiffy content" for her brands and partners.
    Ad by Brand

One of the men on the expedition told the Mail, "He only threw the punch to redirect the animal and afterwards there were a few nervous and relieved laughs, and then we just went on with getting Kailem a tonner [boar]."

Some on social media are calling the punch unnecessary and animal cruelty, while the hunting group is contending the punch was necessary to distract the kangaroo while the dogs got away.

Heat Street Analysis: Should the guy have punched the Kangaroo? Yes. Kangaroos are vicious kickboxers and are known to beat the crap out of humans on many occasions. It seemed the Kangaroo was stepping forward on the guy and could have lunged at any moment. You do not want to let a kangaroo get the first punch because a swift double kick to the gut is comes right afterwords.

Have you ever seen the claws on a kangaroo?

roo.jpg

They can rip you open.

He took a big chance punching that roo.

Damn 'Roos are worse then pigs in TX.

I'd be less likely to be afraid of a kick from one as being evicerated and having my inside spill out then the actual kick itself.

They go for the guy not for the bludgeoning damage but for a belly rip.

Dude showed massive control and restraint considering they could have just shot the thing and let the dingos clean off the bones...

Guy got lucky that roo didnt rip him to shreds. My cousins husband, a native aussie hates those things. he says theyre a nuisance. a tasty nuisance.

What a bunch of nimrods... old dude left to deescalate the situation and the punk went to him. Dumb broad saying she had it on film and they could press charges... last I looked, getting your butt kicked by an old man isn't grounds for assault.

What a bunch of nimrods... old dude left to deescalate the situation and the punk went to him. Dumb broad saying she had it on film and they could press charges... last I looked, getting your butt kicked by an old man isn't grounds for assault.
Maybe he wanted to press charges for extreme embarrassment? After all some young buck like that. Getting his hat handed too him by some "old guy" may devastate his self esteem for life. He will no longer be able to hold a good job and support any of his baby mama's. :eek:

Think of the humiliation homie will have to endure when his bro's see the you tube clip after he tell's them how it was a gang that did this to him.

yea he should press charges:s0111:

Okay. . . Anybody else catch that the instigator behind the camera/phone stole the old white guys bags after he got off the bus... im glad I dont live in the city anymore.
That guys face was mangled.

Didn't catch it - maybe they were keeping them for lost and found?:rolleyes:

And y'all wanted me to apply for bus driver jobs:eek:.

nasty times

Reminds me of a situation I endured 8 years ago. I was in my prime, physically, and was playing basketball at the 24 hour fitness in the Hollywood district. Some guy kept running his mouth at everyone and was talking crap to me the whole time. The trash talking I could ignore, but after several warnings from me to him about not doing any more dirty shots to my thighs, I decided to raise my voice. This guy who was bigger than me thought it was funny so he says "what are you gonna do at about it?" and then hits me (while the game was still going on) so I punched him the face and down he goes. I was worried all his friends were gonna jump me but the gym got dead silent. I decided to just grab my bag and leave as everyone just stared at me.

Regarding the kangaroo video I would have probably had to do something similar. I didn't realize though how big kangaroo claws are. Yikes.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top