JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1950
Manufacturer
Hogue
City
Danville
State
Other
Zip Code
I've had this unit for almost 10 years and never got around to building it on a dedicated frame. The idea was to create the most accurate competition 45 range-toy. It cost me $1,600+ at the time and I've never even mounted it, it is still in the original box with all the goodies. I've seen this conversion kit sell for $1,500 used and $1,900 in box since it is now a collector's item. It was designed by Peter Spielberger and released by Hogue. They didn't anticipate the extremely high cost to produce these so they did not go into mass production. Whatever is out in the wild is all that is left, so it is extremely rare and hard to find. I'll post more info directly from Hogue below:

The Avenger is an entirely new handgun action that is different from anything else ever made before! This new action eliminates the problems associated with using a fixed barrel with high power cartridges. The Avenger is not gas operated and in comparison installs easily on the frame and doesn't suffer from gas operated fouling problems, in fact, the Avenger even works well with lead bullets. The extreme accuracy comes from a match barrel fixed in place with the sighting device, there is simply no movement between the sight and the barrel. The fixed barrel eliminates the need for the costly gunsmithing required to precision fit a conventional slide and barrel. Installation is so simple you can take the Avenger upper off and put the stock slide on in a matter of minutes.

INSTRUCTIONS:

1) the barrel is bolted into the barrel block (the dark grey part behind the green dustcover on the picture above) like at a sniper rifle and does not move at all and is positioned approx. 0.08" deeper than the standard 1911 barrel
2) the barrel can float free (nothing touches the barrel) - pure accuracy
3) the barrel is surrounded by an aluminum dustcover (green) to reduce the weight - we are only 3oz heavier than a standard 1911 but have the weaver-rail included and the outer diameter of the barrel is 0.04" bigger than the 1911-.45ACP barrel
4) the barrel block is mounted on the 1911-frame (just slide it on) and fixed with our ambidextrous slide-catch-levers and does not move - the weaver rail is an integrated part (not bolted to...)
5) there is no tolerance between the direction of the barrel and an optical sight (both mounted to the barrel block)
6) the locking mechanism (similar to P38 but just upside-down) is connected with 2 action slides (gold) which travel in a keyway on both sides of the barrel block and dustcover) and on the front end with the cycle-spring (around the barrel) - the total weight of all moving masses is 9.78oz
7) when cycling the locking mechanism moves back (delayed blowback, NOT-gas operated) and so do the action slides - and forward again
8) the movement is totally straight - no torque or anything similar
9) the result is a very fast and very smooth action
10) manual cocking is performed by the cocking lever (rear green aluminum part) - does not move when shooting
11) if you want to eject on the left side - just exchange the avenger-ejector pin with the avenger extractor and vice versa..

---------------------------
What you have to do to convert to the AVENGER

1) take away the whole upper of your 1911
2) take away the ejector pin and (if existing) the firing pin safety
3) slide the avenger on the 1911 frame
4) fix it with the avenger-slide catch levers
5) load and shoot as usual
6) "after the first shot - don't think of a malfunction because you didn't feel any action - there will be a hole in the target and a empty firing case and the hammer will be cocked"(quote of a German shooting magazine editor)

avenger1.jpg
avenger2.jpg
avenger3.jpg
avenger14.jpg

avenger15.jpg

SALE PRICE: $1,950
(Listed on Gunbroker for $2000)
IMG-1468.jpg
IMG-1470.jpg
IMG-1471.jpg
IMG-1473.jpg
IMG-1474.jpg