JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it must take glock mags(even though double stack doublefeed are better) then my vote is Kel-Tec Sub2000.
They take glock mags and can easily have night front sight installed(takes ar15 front sights), they fold in half for storage and are quick to deploy from folded with some practice. The sub2000 is blowback operated and lightweight, mine had comparable recoil to shooting a mini-14 in 5.56, only real con of the gun.
They(sub2000) are quite accurate, pretty easy for making double taps too, this is what I first tought my mother how to shoot with.(now she hogs my MP5 at the range, lol ;) )

Did someone say pistol caliber lever-actions? Silenced too? :D

acción de palanca.jpg

WOW really nice

Thank you. I realized I did not caption this picture. From left to right: Marlin 1894 CST (with silencer) in .38 Special/.357 Magnum, registered SBR Rossi Ranch Hand (threaded for a silencer) in .38 Special/.357 Magnum, Rossi 92 in .44 Magnum. Magazine capacities are eight, five, and ten, respectively.

Cheers. :)

I own several of the Marlins including a 39A. I was visiting a friend a couple of years ago and since I knew he was getting rid of his collection, I asked him if he had a Model 39 and he promptly said yes and headed out of the house to his Gun Safe - actually an about 20' Container. Well he came in and had a very nice Marlin 39A in his hand. Well, I really chuckled and he asked me what I was chuckling about. I told him I was looking for a Smith and Wesson Model 39-2. We all had a good laugh.

I have one of the Marlin .44 Magnums with the 16.5" barrel. Unfortunately, I've never had a chance to fire it. So, I don't even know how it shoots.

Wombat did you go to Bighorn Armory and have one of those big 500's built --- maybe one day
It is being built. I emailed them tonight to see about adding the scout scope rail. But yeah, estimates place it in hand around Christmas. I also got the barrel for the 50ae kit for my desert eagle. While they don't share ammo. They share .50 bore.

It is being built. I emailed them tonight to see about adding the scout scope rail. But yeah, estimates place it in hand around Christmas. I also got the barrel for the 50ae kit for my desert eagle. While they don't share ammo. They share .50 bore.
Are you having it threaded.?

Even the base model has nice wood, like I said maybe one day I already have a 500 Magnum revolver.

The downside of the lever gun when compared to the AR is that if you are limited to one hand, it is a single shot. If you look at the Kenosha, WI video, when facing multiple threats and fighting for his life, he could only use one hand. If he would have had a lever gun, things would have ended quite badly for him.

I love lever guns, but as a fighting tool, they are vastly inferior to the AR or similar semi-auto designs.

Tough to work a lever prone without completely changing your form.

I dont have to be any higher to shoot and operate a levergun prone than an AR with a 30 round magazine. Only part of my form that isnt constant is my forcing elbow comes off the ground a bit. Is it as fast as an AR? No. But prone with a lever is far from difficult.

IMO any long gun set up for social work needs a light. Levers are much more limited but the Lever Light Mount from Hill people Gear is great for this. Clamps to the loading tube so no perminant modification is needed. Much more svelte than the full forends other companies offer for the Marlins.

SnIkCKM.jpg

Last Edited:
I dont have to be any higher to shoot and operate a levergun prone than an AR with a 30 round magazine. Only part of my form that isnt constant is my forcing elbow comes off the ground a bit. Is it as fast as an AR? No. But prone with a lever is far from difficult.

But can you operate that lever gun one-handed? Can you fire multiple shots while dragging a buddy to safety, or opening a door, or grabbing something off the ground? Do you have 30 rounds available before you have to reload? And can you replenish your ammo in under 3 seconds?

Watch the Kenosha Kid video, in which he was under attack from multiple goblins, then try to imagine how it would have turned out if he had a 5-shot lever gun.

Not to poke holes in this, but that's what you train for, using what ever weapon you have at hand, or the one you feel most appropriate for your situation!
Lots of guys fought with Levers and Bolt actions long before St. John Gave us reliable self feedings! :cool:

When I published this it was about in the community or urban settings. My thought process was which would draw less attention not which was better or not and if I am going to find myself in a firefight as if I had been deployed to the sandbox or some other hostile situation. What got me thinking was a friend who just got back from there and needing to remind himself that walking out the door with an AR15 tossing it in his truck was not a good idea, it got a lot of attention and folks running in their houses, neighbors that he knows. But he walks out the front door with his 357lever and they all speak to him and wave to him LOL.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top