Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Two Tone Stainless process

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Petes, May 4, 2010.

1. Petes

Petes Active Member

I just aquired a CZ 75 B polished Stainless. The picture below is not mine but it shows a two tone look. (I just ordered the grips that are in the picture) Mine is the high polished look all over and I want to give it two tone look ... high polished frame and maybe a matte gray finish on the slide or what ever looks good as I change it.

I think the bead blasted matte gray look is great but I do not know how to do that process. May be there is a way to get that look by removing the high shine from the slide CHEMICLLY.

I know there are good number of you who like to TINKER with standards...I would love to hear from you.

Thanks for any input you have.

Pete

2. turq

turq Molino,oregon Member

On the CZ site they described their new to 2010 model SS two toned CZ 75 as 'brushed and bead blasted'. I can only guess the way they got it done?

3. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

The way two-tone stainless is achieved is by bead blasting the entire gun and then generally polishing the flats of the gun. I suppose you could use some sort of acid etch to achieve the look, but it would be going about things a very difficult way...

4. Petes

Petes Active Member

MB,
    I agree. Most times it is a matte finish and then polish what you want.
    In this case it is high polish from factory.
    I was wondering if there was a chemical that would remove the polishbbbbbbbbbbb.

I just hate to experiment witn a new gun.

5. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Not really, it would just need to be blasted again...