JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have an old (about 12 years) TP Link modem that has two WAN outputs. I use it as the hub of my ethernet system. To access the Internet, I go through two CenturyLink DSL routers. The TP Link is acting up and sometimes not visible to the client devices. It also is unreliable for handling WiFi calling on my cell phone.

The reason I even have it is that we are on a low bandwidth DSL connection from CenturyLink. With two kids at home, we couldn't get enough bandwidth when they were on the internet, streaming or gaming. We have two copper wire lines, one personal and one business, so I got DSL for both lines to double the available bandwidth. We are at or beyond the maximum distance from the nearest DSLAM, and speeds are barely high enough to stream movies, except evenings and weekends when the folks upstream are home hogging bandwidth on the trunk line. Then it is iffy.

We live in a canyon with no reception to a Verizon mobile tower, so when we use cell phones it goes over the internet. They call this "WiFi calling."

I'm thinking that time is up for the TPLink, and am shopping for a new unit that can keep up with modern WiFi and connect reliably to the Internet. I know I will need two WAN ports and "load balancing" to get what I need. I have to assign fixed addresses for my printer and one computer, and recently had to put one TV on fixed address to get it to connect reliably.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Their coverage map shows a dead spot where I live. I think they share a tower, so coverage is pretty much identical.

I can get a signal about 100' from the house, but that doesn't do me any good!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews