JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thunderwear!

The thunda from down unda?

Who came up with that name for those bad boys?

Don't forget my patented Tacticool Snuggie made with kevlar and has Molle attachments.

It kicks Thunderwear's *** - so to speak.

I just did a search and I guess a bunch of other guys beat me to it. Back to the drawing board.

Seriously though, the pager holster would have to be for a 22mag derringer or something. In that case I'd rather use the H&R? trucker holster derringer combo thing. I used to have one until I returned it to a shop due to it being an NFA item unbeknown to me.

The "Thunderwear" may work fine - just don't blow off your junk

The problem with Thunderwear and the like is with certain firearms if the material becomes bunched up and snags the trigger, you can have an AD into your gear (so to speak).

I hear new stories about it happening once in a while. It's not an epidemic but it is within the realm of things that can and do go wrong. -There's a thread on the highroad.org about a guy using some sort of Thunderwear / Smart Carry clone with a pistol while hiking and had a round go into a testicle when he leaned over to pick something up.

http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=393304

I think the big thing is to have a proper holster and take care that nothing gets into the trigger guard and activates the trigger (that includes loose shirts).

Thunderwear / Smart Carry clone with a pistol while hiking and had a round go into a testicle when he leaned over to pick something up.

Damn that gotta hurt. I tried and still have something similar. I purchased and used it for a few months when they first became popular quite a few years back. It worked "fine' I guess, when you are just taking a stroll or what not, but is damn uncomfortable when you are trying to drive. I gave up on it and am still looking for a better IWB holster.

I use a custom design (aka self made) carry rig that acts like thunderwear. It is quite comfortable, but I do not carry with a round in the chamber.

I only use this when it is the only option...

I use a custom design (aka self made) carry rig that acts like thunderwear. It is quite comfortable, but I do not carry with a round in the chamber.
-snip-

Is that because you had a vas... Oh never mind. Which gun are we talking... Oh never mind. :)

I have to say that if I'm going to have an AD, I'd far rather get it in the fanny than down my front, so to speak. That just gives me the creeps thinking about it. The empty chamber is a good idea, but I always still believe a gun is loaded. How many times per day am I allowed to double check it, LOL?

I just couldn't carry that way, sorry. I'm not as brave as you are. Some things for me are too "private."

$.02

I carried a Colt Government Model 380 in Thunderwear everyday for many years while at work. My suit and tie "uniform" required me to be able to take my suit coat off during the day so it was one way of always having a firearm close. I tried an ankle holster but found that it tended to show when I sat down. Not an issue at my desk but potential embarrassing in a conference room. The Thunderwear takes some getting used to but did it's job well in the circumstances. Since retiring, I don't think I have worn the Thunderwear more than a few of times and then only when clothing options were so limited that it was about the only way to conceal.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top