JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
TROY ROCK S.O.P.M.O.D. M14 Sniper Weapon System

Special Operations Peculiar Modification M14 S.W.S.
View attachment 204733
View attachment 204734
View attachment 204735
I am parting with one Troy Rock Sopmod M14 (M1A). The Rock Sopmod M14 Sniper Weapon System was designed by world renowned barrel manufacturer Mike Rock. Mr Rock initially developed the SOPMOD M14 under contract with the United States Naval Surface Warfare Center in Crane, Indiana. With it's Patented gas system and proprietary 16" Stainless Steel 5R barrel, the Suppressed 16" barreled SOPMOD achieves the same muzzle velocity of the M-24 & M-40 S.W.W. This is the smallest, most advanced M14 rifle available to the U.S. Special Forces.
View attachment 204736
The rifle was designed by Mike Rock and made by Jeff at RDS for Troy. Troy offered it on their website for a short time as a whole rifle or a modification to a customers rifle. From the information I have gathered only about 35 were ever produced (this is #34 off the assembly line, so it may be the last one built). Two of the guns were purchased to be used in the film Mr. & Mrs Smith and you can see Angelina Jolie use it briefly in the rafters of the dept. store. RDS offered the conversion after Troy discontinued the project but since RDS has been sold off and no longer does the conversion. The Rifle has the Titanium textured stock, Threaded Suppressor Sleave and Medeival Flash Hider. I'm also tossing in 5x 20rd magazines and 1x 30rd magazine (Sorry, no ammo included). This gun was designed around the M118LR round.

I purchased this rifle from Troy with the intention of using it and have put about 300 rounds down the tube. I sent the trigger group off to Bill Springfield for some additional lightening of the trigger. While using the rifle, the modified op rod cracked due to a faulty weld. I had Sean Galt of SPG (who works for Gemtech Suppressors) redo the weld and re-inforce that part of the op rod. I feel guilty every time I take this thing out since so few were made so it's going up for sale. It was $3800 initially from Troy (I have over $4,000 into it) and I'm offering mine for $3,000 firm (You will not find this rifle for this price ANYWHERE). I will also sell it with the Acog TA11E w/ LaRue Mount and LaRue FUG for $3800
Chris
Rifle is in Kenmore WA (N. End of Lake WA)
(206) 979-1189

Defense Review article
http://www.defensereview.com/rock-sopmod-m14-commando-carbine-by-troy-industries-inc/