1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Troy Defense Carbine AR-15

Discussion in 'Great Deals' started by oneharmonic, Mar 26, 2013.

1. oneharmonic

oneharmonic Portland, OR Well-Known Member

After the debacle with Dick's Sporting Goods after Sandy Hook, I'm glad to see these back in the retail channel:

TROY DEFENSE .223/5.56 Carbine

The Troy upgrades alone are about $630 (rear folding BattleSight, Medieval flash hider, Alpha rail w/ integral folding front sight, Battle Ax grip, enhanced trigger guard, Battle Ax stock, low profile gas block).
  2. matt_w

matt_w Hillsboro, OR Active Member

These were for sale at Dick's on Black Friday for $800. My friend bought one and I sighted it in for him. The upper and lower had a ton of slop between them, there was actually an audible rattle from it if you shook the gun. Their stock supposedly is stronger than most, but its bulky and harder to adjust. The only real advantage of this gun over a typical budget AR is the nicer free float rail with BUIS.

Definitely a good deal for $800, but a ripoff at $1600, even in today's market.
    samuelm16 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Glock Jock

Glock Jock Wilsonville , OR Well-Known Member

this is not a good deal. just because it's available doesn't mean it belongs in this section
  4. ArBrnSnpr

ArBrnSnpr PNW Active Member

I checked these out at Dick's on Black Friday - would have passed on it even at $800. Without fail though they pop up in the classifieds for $1500+