JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Great deal but be forewarned that these stores use such deals as bait. Lots of times they will only actually have 4-5 of such items for each store than sell out.

If you are willing to fight for your spot within the unwashed cattle, good luck.

I was at the Dick's in Salem yesterday to check out that rifle. Kid behind the counter informed me.that they had three total in stock, so if yer going, better get to the front of the stampede.
However, at least as of yesterday, they were taking orders at the $799 price. I ordered one. Seems like a heckuva deal.
-Curtis

I was at the Dick's in Salem yesterday to check out that rifle. Kid behind the counter informed me.that they had three total in stock, so if yer going, better get to the front of the stampede.
However, at least as of yesterday, they were taking orders at the $799 price. I ordered one. Seems like a heckuva deal.
-Curtis

They still had 2 left around 8:30 this morning. I couldn't believe it.

I bought the Troy on Wednesday but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. Build feels good. The front/rear sights lock into place nice and tight. There is a very, very tiny amount of play between the upper/lower receivers; I barely notice it, but I can eliminate it completely with a new set of pins. Serial number is in the upper 800s. Mine has a forged lower receiver; the first 500 built have billet lowers.

No PMAGs to test it with, but the included 10-round ( :s0154: ) BattleMag drops free. Some people who got billet lowers are saying their magwell is too tight for their mags to drop-free, but then again, so have some people with forged lowers.

A few things to note for others who bought it: fill out the survey included in the box and Troy will send you the compartment door for your grip and a t-shirt. Also your receipt for Dick's likely has an survey offer on it good for $10 off $50 or $20 off $100 (mine was the former). Good if you intend on picking up some 30-round mags, rail sections/covers, slings/mounts, etc.

If you signed up for or used your Dick's Scorecard when you bought it, you'll get $20 in Dick's gift cards back (1 point for every $1 you spend, 300 points = $10 gift card). I'm going to head back to Dick's and pick up some mags and a rail section, and see if I can get my point balance to an even 900 so I get another $10 gift card.

If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch, and you've updated to iOS 6, you can add your Dick's Scorecard to your "Passbook" and get a double or triple points coupon.

Anyone know if a similar deal is still going on for this gun this weekend? I'm on the poo poo list for not getting one. I waited in line to order one and then they figured out corporate stopped letting them order them once I got to the computer. Hopefully they do this deal next year with preorder available.

My Brother and I got there at midnight and were told that they were out of stock but said that we could order them. We ordered 4 total, once we finally got to the register to pay they told us the deal was over and they would not honor the price.

I'm not saying cheaper is better, but I will throw my usual "You don't have to over pay to get a good firearm" or my other favorite "Don't buy into brand name hype". While $800 is tolerable,I'm sure the true cost is Dicks over inflated prices on firearms as well as brand name hype. Personally, the last firearm I purchased from Dicks was a NEF Pardner Pump when they were only $139.99. Ever since the price has increased. The "Black Rifles" get the worst of it when it comes to markups. You could just purchase an $80 lower and a complete rifle parts kit and a magazine or two and be under $800.. But then again those decent prices aren't as abundant as they were a year
Or two ago.

Even with Troys name on the receiver or what ever parts they slapped on, unless its made from a different material altogether.. At the end of the day its still just an AR but with a few bells and whistles attached. It's
still just as prone to possible failures as any other AR rifle..

At the end of the day its still just an AR but with a few bells and whistles attached. It's still just as prone to possible failures as any other AR rifle..
The upper/lower and parts aren't the reason why people are buying this rifle (although it does feel well built).

The "bells and whistles" are the main reason why people are getting this.

The Troy furniture/extras included in this carbine are (and their current prices at Midway):

Troy BattleSight Rear Folding $120
Troy Medieval Flash Hider $44
Troy Alpha Battle Rail W/ Integral Front Sight $260
Troy Enhanced Battle Ax CQB Grip $20
Troy Enhanced Trigger Guard $25
Troy Battle Ax CQB Buttstock $125
Troy Low Profile Gas Block $35

Total: $629

Paying $799 for a complete factory rifle with all the bells and whistles included is a better option than building your own basic rifle and adding those features down the road.

The upper/lower and parts aren't the reason why people are buying this rifle (although it does feel well built).

The "bells and whistles" are the main reason why people are getting this.

The Troy furniture/extras included in this carbine are (and their current prices at Midway):

Troy BattleSight Rear Folding $120
Troy Medieval Flash Hider $44
Troy Alpha Battle Rail W/ Integral Front Sight $260
Troy Enhanced Battle Ax CQB Grip $20
Troy Enhanced Trigger Guard $25
Troy Battle Ax CQB Buttstock $125
Troy Low Profile Gas Block $35

Total: $629

Paying $799 for a complete factory rifle with all the bells and whistles included is a better option than building your own basic rifle and adding those features down the road.

perhaps if I was going to take everything off and resell it at a lesser price and make money I suppose I would be a better way of doing it. however I still can't justify buying any of that junk and putting it on my rifle. but it does go to show you that they do overpriced everything they make and sell. it's almost pure profit. like I said 800 dollars is still great price but I was addressing the point is that a troy rifle verses any other is just the same .. theyd put tassels on a rifle if they thought it could sell.

however I still can't justify buying any of that junk and putting it on my rifle.
I couldn't either. If I was going to spend $1000 on a Colt and another $600 on Troy furniture, I'd be better off just buying a factory PWS MK114.

But $799 (or less) for everything included is unbeatable. Whether or not Troy's products are overpriced is a matter of perspective, but the difference in quality between their machined rail/sights and a set of MOE handguards/MBUS sights is apparent.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top