JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mine were high 400's during a time I was in my best physical shape. I about fainted when I learned! "I'm a skinny guy" I told the doc. 5'7" 145# at the time.
Did not go full on Atkins, but definitely shifted away from carbs. Health nut friend suggested protein rich breakfasts would keep me from wanting carbs throughout day.
Within a year I was down to mid 200's without changing my routine. Now I range from 190 - 210ish. ECHO's are excellent, pumping 65-70 every time. I don't work out but am active with chores here at my little ranch in the mountains - horses, fences, firewood, hay, snow, construction, walking, etc. No 4wheeler, just a pickup and a wheel barrow. lol
My breakfasts always have some protein even if its not an 'egg day'. Any oatmeal or cereal are complex carbs (sometimes with cottage cheese).
My dinners are protein, vegetable, salad - rarely any bread, rarely rice or pasta, an occasional potato.
I rarely eat at restaurants, rarely eat packaged foods. I cook from scratch and typically make a recipe that will last 2 or 3 days so I don't have to full on cook every night. Lot of grilling. Bachelor living. ;)

Last Edited:
I think I figured it out. I'm on a estrogen pill for my T therapy. Yea yea laugh all you want. I just researched it out.

how's that method working? Wife is a nurse and wants me to switch from injectable T to what you are doing....

I inject the T. That's the only way to go. That pill evens out the T. And keeps you from getting sore boobs. ;) I know, I sound like a metro. But I was very low. It's been a great thing for my health.

my jumped from 82 to 353 in 10 months. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
I work out every day.

Triglycerides come from dietary fat. They build up in arteries like the cholesterols to increase heart disease risk. Genetics and diet influence the triglyceride level. Thyroid can influence cholesterol levels but not testosterone.

I typically see a jump in my patient's triglycerides with a diet change. Eating more butter or eggs on a regular basis for example.

There are meds to lower triglycerides so you have a few things to discuss with your doctor.

Sugar and alcohol. Tis the season.

My dad has had the problem for decades and around 20 years ago the docs started figuring out it was sugars in food. He's controlled pretty good since.

First off,Atkins died because he didn't eat enough carbs to keep himself alive. Caebs are fuel and help in digestion,you do need to eat them.
Second ,don't go to the doctor,he'll just make shyte up about your health and sell you medicine you don't need.
There are meds to lower triglycerides so you have a few things to discuss with your doctor.
There are also natural ways to level anything you have wrong with you out instead of medicine.
FOOD IS MEDICINE.
The right food are at least.
Sorry bolus,but even the medical professionals know there is a natural alternative to most every medicine

First off,Atkins died because he didn't eat enough carbs to keep himself alive. Caebs are fuel and help in digestion,you do need to eat them.
Second ,don't go to the doctor,he'll just make shyte up about your health and sell you medicine you don't need.

There are also natural ways to level anything you have wrong with you out instead of medicine.
FOOD IS MEDICINE.
The right food are at least.
Sorry bolus,but even the medical professionals know there is a natural alternative to most every medicine

Diet is often the fix for this and medications are the bandaid. But I also have a lot of patients who have no interest in adjusting their diet. So we use the medications to lower their risk of dying. I also have patients with triglycerides over 3000 despite a good diet from a genetic cause. Their blood samples literally have a layer of fat on this like this one:

D2cyyDI.jpg

If they dont take medications they risk dying of pancreatitis from the high triglycerides. Pancreatitis can be horrid. When I was in residency we had a patient in the ICU for over a month with the complications of pancreatitis just barely keeping her alive.

So there will always some combination of treating problems naturally and needing medical treatments.

Diet is often the fix for this and medications are the bandaid. But I also have a lot of patients who have no interest in adjusting their diet. So we use the medications to lower their risk of dying. I also have patients with triglycerides over 3000 despite a good diet from a genetic cause. Their blood samples literally have a layer of fat on this like this one:

View attachment 267176

If they dont take medications they risk dying of pancreatitis from the high triglycerides. Pancreatitis can be horrid. When I was in residency we had a patient in the ICU for over a month with the complications of pancreatitis just barely keeping her alive.

So there will always some combination of treating problems naturally and needing medical treatments.
That's freaking gross!:eek::eek::eek:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads