JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been wanting to get into a more expensive scope on my long range precision rifle for a few years now, but have never been able to justify spending $3000 on a single rifle scope. After much deliberation I've found a way to rationalize it to myself (myself, not my wife..).

The theory is called Trickle Down Scopenomics. Idea is that I have 4 different scoped rifles I shoot regularly. Each one has a different tier of glass on it. Instead of simply buying 1 scope for 1 rifle, I'm really taking the scope off the best rifle, moving it to the next best rifle, and so on. So in the end instead of spending $3000 on a scope for one rifle, I'm really paying only $750 per rifle to upgrade the glass on all 4 of them at once.

I realize that there are as many flaws in my theory as there are things to criticize about the original Trickle Down Economics theory. But for a firearm junky seeking rationalization to purchase something they don't need, I think it's solid enough to keep my conscience at bay.

Good theory except now you have to buy yourself another rifle to scope with the lowest tier scope that you have left over. Actually, that works for me. :p

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top