Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Help me pick an optic for a Ruger Charger take down.

Discussion in 'Scopes & Optics' started by IronMonster, Apr 8, 2015.

1. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

I I bought a Charger take down. It was pretty much an impulse buy. I just got my trust squared away and I have visions of suppressors on everything and thought the little Charger would be cool with a can.

Thinking about what to do for glass has me a little stumped though. I have read that some folks are putting rifle scopes on them, I cant see that being the right thing for me. I am thinking something maybe 1-6 power with a long eye relief. Id like something with a fair size field of view but I want something more accurate and more magnification than a 10 MOA red dot. Id be willing to drop maybe $150-$200 but am not dropping high end Leupold money.

So what do you think and why do you think it?

U201491 likes this.
  2. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    WAYNO likes this.
  3. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Based on the criteria you mentioned, look into what Bushnell has to offer. They've raised their game, and their prices are good.

U201491 likes this.
  4. U201491

Yeah, I like some of the Bushnell scopes.

5. IronMonster

I have bought three Bushnell's in the last year and I have been really impressed with all of them for the money. I bought one of the AR-rimfire versions and put it on a 10/22 and did some of the best shooting I have ever done. The hold over dots are perfect for Winchester X if you zero at 25 yards you can hit anything out to 200 with ease

http://www.bushnell.com/all-products/rifle-scopes/ar-optics/2-7x-32mm

This thing rocks...

U201491 likes this.
  6. IronMonster

But I cant see that they offer anything in long eye relief

U201491 likes this.
  7. U201491

But do they make long eye relief pistol scopes. They used to but I can't find any now?

I really like the Bushnells and have had several over the years and never an issue. I use one of the Elite fireflys now.

8. U201491

I looked too and couldn't find any. Leopold does have several, but not so price friendly.

9. WAYNO

WAYNO Oregon City Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

When I bought my Charger way-back-when, I had the same question. So I bought an inexpensive extended eye relief scope to experiment with, a Bushnell 1.5x. ($100.) It works extremely well. So well, I figured I'd try a higher powered scope. Bought a 2x6x.($130.) I've never installed it. I've also never installed the electronic optical sights that I thought I'd try. In the meantime, the original 1.5x works quite well.

P1020359_zpsslbecsns.jpg

You caused me to go find all this stuff I've bought and never used. All economy priced but very serviceable for experimenting on a Charger. I'd forgotten the 2x6 scope was a Simmons.
    P1020364_zpsweqzfyiq.jpg
    WAYNO.:cool:

here's another one to click on...http://www.bushnell.com/all-products/rifle-scopes/elite/elite-handgun-riflescope-2-6x-32-multi-x®

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    IronMonster and U201491 like this.