JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
6C22D4D3-A974-4A7C-A364-3154C641A836.jpeg 9B98544A-F11F-4D9C-A14F-0ED16B945D64.jpeg

This was restored or at least partially restored by my grandfather about 30 years ago.

My dad and I have had it running, but it has some radiator leaks, so it hasn't been on the road for decades.

My son just turned 16 this spring, and I am giving it to him and we are going to get it parade worthy.

We are keeping the Wyoming plate on the tailgate. It reminds me of my grandpa. The 9 on the plate designates Big Horn county in Wyoming, which is where Life began for me. 597D887B-04F9-4560-8737-97C82830CF71.jpeg

Awesome! What a cool little truck.

I assume you've been indoctrinated in how to drive an old T-Bone, haven't you? They have a very unique set of controls and are quite a hoot when you hop back into one for the first time in a while.

Model Ts and As are some of my most favorite rides ever!

Awesome! What a cool little truck.

I assume you've been indoctrinated in how to drive an old T-Bone, haven't you? They have a very unique set of controls and are quite a hoot when you hop back into one for the first time in a while.

Model Ts and As are some of my most favorite rides ever!

I have.

My dad and I are going to give my son and his cousin lessons in frank starting them too.

His cousin inherited the other one with the crank start.

This one has an electric starter.:cool:

1926 Model-T Delivery? Dad (RIP) bought on of those as a basket case, had to have been early '70s. Literally, the motor was in baskets, rusted, not completed, piles of rusted sheet metal in the garage. Dad worked on it for years. Hand wound the coils on the stator. Made spokes for the wheels. He got it running. Dad got too old/lost interest in the late '90s and younger brother was going to finish it. He didn't, was always too busy playing at other things. Dad passed in 2010 and the T sits like it was for the last 20 years or so. It was pretty close to being done. Painted and complete as far as I remember other than the top bows/canvas and the wood in the bed.
:(

renovated a clan members previously innert '28 Ford Model A 2 door sedan to keep me off the streets & out of bars (sure) in high school during the JFK era....helped organize my ability to solve mechanical automotive issues and begin to understand a coherent logical thought process as well as discover new ways to avoid making some part bleed during the wrenching/bolting/wrestling with rusty parts sessionso_O

My son just turned 16 this spring, and I am giving it to him and we are going to get it parade worthy.

What's this "teach him" stuff?
Tell when he can drive it, he can drive it.

I never learned how to operate a T and I would guess you could leave it parked most anywhere and no one would know either.

Hope to see you on the road!

What's this "teach him" stuff?
Tell when he can drive it, he can drive it.

I never learned how to operate a T and I would guess you could leave it parked most anywhere and no one would know either.

Hope to see you on the road!

As I recall there are two pedals and a parking brake. Reverse pedal on left, and high/low gear pedal on right. Parking brake neutral, right pedal down is low gear, pedal up is high gear. Throttle on one side of steering column, spark advance on other side. I don't remember which now.

Starting procedure.... There should have been a fuel shut off somewhere near the center of the dash? Set choke, retard timing, turn on ignition. Rotate engine with crank until you've got a cylinder under compression, and turn it over. If it fires, open choke, adjust timing to advance. Push right pedal down for low gear. Adjust throttle up slightly. Disengage brake lever and you're moving. Release right pedal for high gear. Adjust throttle lever as needed and use brake lever to stop.

Is that right? I never drove one but studied the lay-out of ours.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top