JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm in a real delima deciding what gun to get. I love how light the tikka is and seems to be quite a tack driver out of the box and extremely smooth action and crisp trigger pull. But hardly any after market stocks and I really like the weatherby vanguard rubber molded stock but don't like how the action is not nearly as smooth as the tikka and much heavier..can any one give me some advice to make my decision on what gun to get easier.

Tikka. What's wrong with the stock that's on it? Stocks are available from Stockys, Manners, Bell and Carlson, HS Precision and McMillan. There has to be something that fits your needs there. There are sure to be more and this is assuming it's a T3.

Tikka. What's wrong with the stock that's on it? Stocks are available from Stockys, Manners, Bell and Carlson, HS Precision and McMillan. There has to be something that fits your needs there. There are sure to be more and this is assuming it's a T3.
I hunt in some not so forgivable conditions and the tikka seems it will be slippery if wet and the possibility of losing the clip was a draw back as well. do any of the manufactures you mentioned make one similar to the weatherby the molded rubber?

tikka or vanguard, pick one. Both are fine accurate actions. I would lean towards the vanguard. Laminate are weather resistant and very strong stocks. If you have the extra dough to spend go for the H&S Precision.

The previous response where B&C is grouped in with H&S and McMillan, is just wrong. B&C was crap 20 years ago and will always be crap. H&S and McMillan have always been top quality. For goodness sake don't get some injection molded toy factory POS stock.

Some folks really like the vanguards and they are reputed to be very accurate. The one I handled had a lousy trigger and didn't group very well.

I have several sako and they are excellent, being extremely well made, having superb triggers and having accurate barrels. The tikkas are relatives to the sakos but with some plastic bits. They have good barrels and triggers.

Between the two, I'd buy a tikka but you wouldn't go wrong with the vanguard either.

The s2 vanguards are super nice. I have one in 25.06. It's a tac driver. The two stage trigger is really nice. The s2 is heavier though than the tikka. Just go with what feels and best and buy it. You can't go wrong it either honestly.

Anything I could do to make the action a little smoother. The one at sportsmen seemed extremely rough don't know if it was becuase it was the display or??? But it seemed inadvertently rough