1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

thumbhole sporter stocks

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by tahoe2, Jan 22, 2012.

1. tahoe2

tahoe2 Seattle area, Washington state Member

yes or no? good or bad? why or why not? thoughts & opinions.
    contemplating a thumbhole varminter with a bipod on a small ring mauser action
  2. littlet

littlet scappoose Member

I have two mousers 98s thumb hole rifles. one is a 338 and the other is a 270. I like them allot But the key for me is the grip portion of the stock needs to be the right size for your hand. My 270 fits me much better then my 338 i have actually thought about doing some more shaving of the stock and refinishing the whole stock. The thing that kills me is the stock is flawless hard for me to justify redoing it. I also have a mouser 98 30-06 that is a standard stock that i love. I like the look of the standard stock clean and classic but the thumb hole's look mean and feel real solid when you shot them. Seems to make me feel like the gun is more connected to my body as if it was a extension of my arm

mauser 98s.jpg
  3. cyclesurvival

cyclesurvival Vancouver Well-Known Member

I like traditional stocks but the thumb hole stock do distribute the recoil over a larger area IE the web in your hand.